Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
shaky
How much are you willing to spend and how many miles is on the car? Other then your cam and crank seals, i'd also replace your oil cooler seal and lines since you will have the front cover off which makes it easier to do. I'd also replace your t-belt tensioner, although on these cars they don't go "bad" often.. they do tend to make noise after awhile. You might also take a look at your crank angle sensor ( under the front cam sprocket ) and if it looks melted, it would be a good time to replace also. Can't think of anything else right now.. maybe others can shed more light on it..

Luck

·
Registered
308 Posts
shaky:
I'm more of a DIY now. No longer work in that field but PSA is one of our resident acura techs so you might want to follow his advice. As for myself the seals dont' cost that much so i figure you might as well change them while they are accessible. As for the crank angle sensor, I have seen a few go out. It's a $100 part ( online discount or wholesale discount price ) I did not replace it on my car.. but ended up having to replace it 2 years later when it went out on me. I've also had to replace a few others, you don't have to remove the belt to do it, so if you are a DIY you can wait till it gives you a code... but if you're going to have to pay someone to do it later on down the road.. it could be more cost effective to do now.

Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.