Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT'S ABOUT THAT TIME

Can anyone help me identify which water pump is in my COUPE without me taking it apart ? It's to my understanding that their are two different water pumps available for the legend . One has a single outlet on the end and the other has two outlets on the end (sorry i can't provide any pics) I have a 93 L COUPE AUTOMATIC TYPE_2 ...................Does anyone know ? Thanks in advance

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
IT'S ABOUT THAT TIME

Can anyone help me identify which water pump is in my COUPE without me taking it apart ? It's to my understanding that their are two different water pumps available for the legend . One has a single outlet on the end and the other has two outlets on the end (sorry i can't provide any pics) I have a 93 L COUPE AUTOMATIC TYPE_2 ...................Does anyone know ? Thanks in advance
just tell them the year of the motor and its a type 2 so it should be a 94-95 type2 water pump but 93-95 for the coupes!!

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
goto the dealership tell them you have a 93L coupe and they'll give you the correct water pump.

else its a dual outlet as all coupes had. or um searching helps too

·
Registered
707 Posts
goto the dealership tell them you have a 93L coupe and they'll give you the correct water pump.

else its a dual outlet as all coupes had. or um searching helps too
I believe you're right all coupes and typeII engines in general use dual outlet pumps. If I'm not mistaken it's due to the oil cooler these all have in common.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just tell them the year of the motor and its a type 2 so it should be a 94-95 type2 water pump but 93-95 for the coupes!!
I called the dealer and the idiot told me i had to take it apart to find out .Talk about customer service.
Anyone know any acura dealers that have better customer service? I have long distance

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
I believe you're right all coupes and typeII engines in general use dual outlet pumps. If I'm not mistaken it's due to the oil cooler these all have in common.
:werd: thats right, and i think all coupes had the oil coolers, but any legend could have had a oil cooler, i think all CDM models had the oil coolers and i know for sure the GS had them.

·
Registered
707 Posts
:werd: thats right, and i think all coupes had the oil coolers, but any legend could have had a oil cooler, i think all CDM models had the oil coolers and i know for sure the GS had them.
I was refering/thinking about usdm only.
What I stated wasn't completely right though. It's 91' - 92' all had two WP outlet ports and oilcooler, all coupes and typeII engines had this as well. 93' - 95' non-GS sedans had the WP with one outlet and no oilcooler. This is all within stock applications, not hybrids or swaps of course.

91' 2dr LS
HONDA PARTS UNLIMITED... YOUR SOURCE FOR OEM HONDA AND ACURA PARTS AND ACCESSORIES!!!

HONDA PARTS UNLIMITED... YOUR SOURCE FOR OEM HONDA AND ACURA PARTS AND ACCESSORIES!!!

95' 4dr LS

·
Registered
364 Posts
hey man i just did mine in my 93 coupe type 1 and it had the 2 outlets. hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts