Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have that Mesh Grille, like others have bought probably from 1 of 3-4 different people selling it on eBay. Now, I've had it for a while, but no time to install it. It came in a silver color, like screen mesh, should I:

A) Keep it the same screen mesh silver color
B) Paint it White
C) Paint it Black

I have a Taffeta White 94 Legend L Coupe. The grille insert is black, but the outer part, is body colored (I think cuz, mine is a 94-95, I think 91-93 coupes had chrome).

The Emblem right now is Gold, though the gold is falling off. I intend on making the emblem a BLACK CHROME within the next 3 months.

·
2,879 Posts
Wow you actually brought one of those grills?
Should have went to Home depot and pay $5 for gutter guard and use tin snips. But anyway I suggest you paint it white to match the body of your car.

Heres a pic of mine

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Avarice said:
Should have went to Home depot and pay $5 for gutter guard and use tin snips. But anyway I suggest you paint it white to match the body of your car.
Yeah, well, I was in Taiwan and when it arrived, I arrived, but then more work needed to be done at work, so I never got around to installing it! ;)

I notice on your 91, it's a Chrome on the Grille Molding, is that what all 91-93s use? Then I assume all 94-95s have Color-Coded Grille Molding?

Heres a pic of mine

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
asianlegend said:
I notice on your 91, it's a Chrome on the Grille Molding, is that what all 91-93s use? Then I assume all 94-95s have Color-Coded Grille Molding?
No, I believe that all coupes have body colored grille molding, and all sedans came standard with chrome. The only sedans that had body colored moldings were the GSs.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
asianlegend said:

Yeah, well, I was in Taiwan and when it arrived, I arrived, but then more work needed to be done at work, so I never got around to installing it! ;)

actually all 91-95 L and LS sedan came with chrome or gold grille. Only the 94-95 GS sedan came with body colored grille.
The coupe came with body colored grille for all the years.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
If the mesh is very fine, I would paint it white. If not, then prob silver.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Not sure what to say, I got it in central IL from Lowe's hardware.

I have about 5 feet of the roll left. It's sitting in Arcadia, I can give most if not all of it to you at the next Socal meet if you want. I'm not planning on doing any more mesh. I just wanted a top mesh for my car.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Lowes huh? :) I'll make a run to the local lowes to see if I can find it. If I don't, I might just take you up on that offer. :D

What department was it in?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
E K said:
Not sure what to say, I got it in central IL from Lowe's hardware.

I have about 5 feet of the roll left. It's sitting in Arcadia, I can give most if not all of it to you at the next Socal meet if you want. I'm not planning on doing any more mesh. I just wanted a top mesh for my car.
Arcadia? Whatcha doin' here? Are you here on Spring Break? So, I suppose you go to school in Illinois and live @ home in SoCal (Arcadia)?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Avarice said:

I actuallly got mine off ebay as well. I got mine from the seller that lives in Canada. In my case, I was planning on doing my own, but I was just too lazy. I mesh I got was actaully very good quality, a fine mesh, and fit almost perfectly. I did have to trim a little to make it fit the way I wanted it to fit on my car. All in all, the particular seller I got mine from sells a good product with good instructions. I paid the higher price, but I didn't mind since I had no time to work on my own :)

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
asianlegend said:

Arcadia? Whatcha doin' here? Are you here on Spring Break? So, I suppose you go to school in Illinois and live @ home in SoCal (Arcadia)?
The mesh is in Arcadia. I'm still at school in frickin central IL. I'm going to UCLA starting in June, so I'll be around CA for a long time after I graduate.

No spring break for med students...:mad:

·
Registered
54 Posts
i say paint it white or keep it silver as well. i guess the good thing about just buying it at home depot and taking the time to cut it out was that you can experiment for these types of situations. make two or three grills and change them whenever you want =)

·
Registered
54 Posts
yeah, my legend is totalled, so she's dead for me. gonna get a bit over $5,000 for her through insurance. i guess she'll resurrect from the dead when she gets auctioned off by the insurance company. poor legend went through the worst before dying...
1. Got a parking ticket on Tuesday
2. Started stalling on Wednesday
3. Wouldn't start on Thursday
4. I towed her in to get fixed Friday morning and everything went well, just a fuel relay replacement. By Friday afternoon she was fixed and as I was driving back home, I rear ended a RAV4 during stop and go traffic. The RAV4 only had rear bumper damage, but my car is pretty beat. Luckily there were no injuries. So now i'm driving my mom's old Toyota Avalon. She just got a new TL- Type S :D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SLACK3RZ said:
yeah, my legend is totalled, so she's dead for me. gonna get a bit over $5,000 for her through insurance.. Luckily there were no injuries. So now i'm driving my mom's old Toyota Avalon. She just got a new TL- Type S :D
Only $5K? She should've been worth more than that, in my opinion OR you could've bought the Legend from the insurance company as is and sold it as parts?

-- The Avalon definitely doesn't perform like a Legend and you must be jealous of her driving a TL-S?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts