Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, you all know the historic beef with Mustangs and Camaros then there's the Toyota Supra (TT) vs. the Nissan 300ZX (TT). Does the Legend have a enemy? If not the very first one I would like to put on our Public Enemy #1 list is the Nissan Maxima. Don't matter what year. I had several of these things giving me that "Look" when I was driving back from the Tri-State meet, and the only reason I didn't race the 2001 that wanted some in Newark was because my Family was in the car. I try not to do that when they are there. Next time though it will be a different story. The second should be the Lexus GS series don't care which one 300, 400. Anybody have any to add to this list please feel free.......

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
whiplash9001 said:
Ok, you all know the historic beef with Mustangs and Camaros then there's the Toyota Supra (TT) vs. the Nissan 300ZX (TT). Does the Legend have a enemy? If not the very first one I would like to put on our Public Enemy #1 list is the Nissan Maxima. Don't matter what year. I had several of these giving me that "Look" when I was driving back from the Tri-State meet, and the only reason I didn't race the 2001 that wanted some in Newark was because my Family was in the car. I try not to do that when they are there. Next time though it will be a different story. The second should be the Lexus GS series don't care which one 300, 400. Anybody have any to add to this list please feel free.......
Watch out anywhere in Dirty Jerz.
Those cops are a-holes.
And they're good at catching people that think they're above the law.

(Not us, of course)..

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would say any large car with decent power ;)

maxima
avalon (hahhahahaha :))
lexus sc, gs and es 300s
infinity g30 or i30 whcih ever one is the maxima
pointiact bonneville
olds mobile aurora
caddy seville (though they are quite a bit faster if the guy stops on it)
taurau sho
chrysler 300m
mercedes e320
bmw 525, 528
audi a6 2.8
etc.etc...

b

·
Registered
166 Posts
bing0 said:
I would say any large car with decent power ;)

maxima
avalon (hahhahahaha :))
lexus sc, gs and es 300s
infinity g30 or i30 whcih ever one is the maxima
pointiact bonneville
olds mobile aurora
caddy seville (though they are quite a bit faster if the guy stops on it)
taurau sho
chrysler 300m
mercedes e320
bmw 525, 528
audi a6 2.8
etc.etc...

b
I would say Maxima, But we seem to have alot of respect for eachothers cars. but I would say thats the closest match for us...

es300 - Not Lost to one yet.

sc300 - Not Won agenst one yet LOL (but he did have a T78)

SHO - good match... untill you hit 20mph or above or actually press the gass

I did race a newer Caddy on the highway (duno anything about them and didn't know what one it was) but I didn't pull till 100 and I didn't pull much... I had this face :eek:

chrysler 300m.. I drove one, if the thing can not brake down for one race... I highly doubt that it can take a Legend

These are just my Personal experences

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nemesis

Lexus GS Series and the Maximas are definately the best answer to this qustion.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nemesis

Oops sorry about that last post

Lexus GS Series and the Maximas are definately the best answer to this qustion. I don't even count the Maxima with an Infinit badge or the Lexus Camry, I mean Toyota ES300

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
the Legend has a better 0-100 mph time than the GS400s i have not had the pleasure to race a SC400 yet but have taken a SC300 down. the 200-2001 Maximas are nothing but the 2002 6-speeds are crazy fast. Watch out for the 95 5-speed maximas to they are pretty quick. I still would have to say the SC300 with the bulletproof v-6 beacause they pretty much made that car and engine to compete with the legend.

·
Registered
166 Posts
CODY690 said:
the Legend has a better 0-100 mph time than the GS400s i have not had the pleasure to race a SC400 yet but have taken a SC300 down. the 200-2001 Maximas are nothing but the 2002 6-speeds are crazy fast. Watch out for the 95 5-speed maximas to they are pretty quick. I still would have to say the SC300 with the bulletproof v-6 beacause they pretty much made that car and engine to compete with the legend.
humm, I might be thinking of another car (damn toyota naming) I thought the SC300 had the I-6 3.0 engine (same as the NA MKIV Supra's)... or am I thinking of another lex?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Legend O Power said:

I would say Maxima, But we seem to have alot of respect for eachothers cars. but I would say thats the closest match for us...

es300 - Not Lost to one yet.

sc300 - Not Won agenst one yet LOL (but he did have a T78)

SHO - good match... untill you hit 20mph or above or actually press the gass

I did race a newer Caddy on the highway (duno anything about them and didn't know what one it was) but I didn't pull till 100 and I didn't pull much... I had this face :eek:

chrysler 300m.. I drove one, if the thing can not brake down for one race... I highly doubt that it can take a Legend

These are just my Personal experences
have you really raced a 5 speed first generation taurus sho? probbaly not judging from your response, if you raced a rounded one with an auto I can undertsnd, but the original one with the gertrag 5 speed and the yamaha HO v-6 is quite fast, I remember reading it can hit 60 in 7 seconds flat and quater in low 15s...i have repeated raced my freinds and we are almost dead even through 80mph, it all depends on who gets ab etter launch and if he shifts well...

:)

b

·
Registered
166 Posts
ya, his is a 5spd, but I know that they are different HPs ver the years that they were made. so im not shure what he had...

but it was one of those people who talked up and down that he could take the Legend O Power, and he finally agreed to race with No NOS, and I beat him farly bad, so I am kinda partial on my judging on SHO's

yes it was a closer race then what I over exaggerated, but he was deffentaly not what I thought it would be. (taking in the fact that Ford didn't make the engine, Yamaha (sp?) did.

LOL, his license plates were "SHOWDYA"
well from my angle it was "AYDWOHS" ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
was it a rounded body model or an older one? the newer ones are not as fast off the line...they have the yamaha v-8, the older one with the yamaha v-6 is the faster ones.

b

·
Registered
166 Posts
whoa, I didn't even know they hade V-8s... I'm pretty sure it was a V6. I know it didn't have the round headlights, it had the onces that wrap around the sides like ours (if that helps at all)

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Legend O Power said:

humm, I might be thinking of another car (damn toyota naming) I thought the SC300 had the I-6 3.0 engine (same as the NA MKIV Supra's)... or am I thinking of another lex?
that would be the SC300

i wouldnt race this SC300 tho
http://www.streetdynamics.com/movies/LexusCatchup.mpeg

http://www.streetdynamics.com/movies/SC300TT-765Dyno.mpeg

dunno if the links work. the site has been down for a while but the jist of it is that the SC300TT buts down 765HP at the wheels

first video, the lex catches & passes 2 11sec RX7's & a viper

·
Registered
166 Posts
RICDOGG said:

that would be the SC300

i wouldnt race this SC300 tho
http://www.streetdynamics.com/movies/LexusCatchup.mpeg

http://www.streetdynamics.com/movies/SC300TT-765Dyno.mpeg

dunno if the links work. the site has been down for a while but the jist of it is that the SC300TT buts down 765HP at the wheels

first video, the lex catches & passes 2 11sec RX7's & a viper
awesome, thats what I thought they were. There is a guy that cruises middletucky.com that has one with a T78 (might have been T66, cant remember... eather way REALLY BIG TURBO) on his SC300

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
that SC is Twin Turbo with a supra engine and drivetrain in it so its just a supra with a lexus body. The SC300 engines share some things as the supra but not the same enigne i dont think. Even if it was the same engine as the supra its got what like 222hp or something non-turbo?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Competing Models:

Sedan: ES300
Coupe: SC300

Maximas might seem like competiting models lately, but they're not, the "Competitive" Maximas are 2001+, these Legends are 91-95. If anything, Nissan's competitive models for the Legend were the Inifiniti J30, and maybe the Maxima of back then. However, the Maxima of back then, was more of a competiting model for the Accord.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts