Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down the highway and all I saw was this big billboard with a Toyota Supra and I cant remember what it said but the pic of the car looked pretty good. If anyone has a link to the new 2002 Toyota Supra please post. Thanks

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
................... They're bringing the Supra back? What? I didn't know this!!! Didn't they stop back in '95? Maybe they're bringing it back to compete against Nissan's new Z (350Z). That car looked crazy @ the L.A Auto Show

·
Registered
655 Posts
they stopped in 98'

I doubt supra will come back in 2002, if it comes back at all. 2003 maybe, they have a concept of a sport car thats comptitor to nsx and will be in the same price range if it makes it to production, I saw it it in car and driver magazine august or september issue it looks kinda like ferrari. I think they really considering it more since 350z and the public interest.Fast and Furious could only have helped with public interest. The 350z is in high demand, I personnelly think they could have had a base price of 30k instead of $26,9xx, and use money to make it even better, and still sell all of them. Nissan is coming strong presence in performance nowadays.If toyota were to come out with any sports car to compete it would be a good bit more money to acquire since it doesn't have any v6 to compete with nissans vq series engines. So it will be 3 options, is/gs00 modified,v8,or new engine all will be well above 35k, the last being least likely since cars are going more towards global platform/engine everyday.Plus more people are wealthier than before at a younger age thanks to technology, which makes sport car demographic pop. rise. Damn this is a long post, considering I don't know wtf I'm babbling about.:confused:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Nissan is coming on strong. However, I think both Nissan and Honda have choosen the wrong path for new car styling (minus the NSX and the 350Z seemed different)

Like the Maxima, Altima, CL, TL. They all seem kind of dull. They have the power, but styling seems to have started take a sharp nose dive. I do like Lexus styling still, the ES300 is pretty nice, and the GS300/400 is a very nice looking car. I think Lexus has truly reached "Luxury" in it's name, as well as Acura. Nissan's "Infiniti" Luxury division has not impressed me yet.

·
Registered
847 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
I think Lexus has truly reached "Luxury" in it's name, as well as Acura. Nissan's "Infiniti" Luxury division has not impressed me yet.
hmm... funny... cuz for me, I think Infinity and Lexus has acheieved the Luxury division. Whereas Honda going on a really steep down hill every since they sold the last legend.... Present acura vehicles seems to lack a lot of stuff compared to the other two Japanese luxury lines~

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I've never been impressed by any of Nissan's "Luxury" division of cars. Therefore, I do not really associate them as "full luxury". Lexus has earned that spot, and they're still doing pretty good on their designs, I approve. The Acura name used to be much much stronger, but I still associate the name a lot more with Luxury, then Inifiniti.

I think if Nissan where to sell the skyline as was one of the Infinitis my whole outlook would change.

BTW: Alhambra.. that's not too far from here, what school did you go to, or go to?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Live in Alhambra and go to Cal Poly Pomona:p

Yeah, the G35 has very nice interior~ And the OEM retractable NAV LCD looks very good!! That car totally gives the "geek" feel:D

G

·
Yeah, Acura's only car that I like since 95 is the NSX. My favorite car that they have made yet is the new 2002 NSX, but the 2003 CL Type-S 6 speed should be pretty cool, and so should the NSX Type-R.

Infinity I think will begin to impress you guys pretty soon. In 2003 Nissan will be bringing the Skyline G35 to the US under Infinity.

There is only one car out there that I would even consider trading my Legend for that is close to the same price, and that is the Lexus SC400. Very sweet car, and the V8 is nice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
claus44 said:
Live in Alhambra and go to Cal Poly Pomona:p

Dude. That's around my area too. Representin' Arcadia here. Up in Berkeley for school though. Man i miss the cafes in Monterey Park and Alhambra.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I dont like infinti as much as acura but,

Ill take the newly redesigned Q45 before Rl anyday. The thing is a monster.The headlights look like ur looking down a chaingun.And it has more than 300 horses,0-60 under 6 secs.But yeah infiniti didn't have no style in 90's remember the j-30 (stretched altima) that thing has to be one of the ugliest thoings i have ever seen.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hmmm...I kinda disagree with most of you. I love the new Altima, the last one did suck though. The rest of the Nissan/Infinity is pretty weak I have to admit.

And what's up with the new Lexus ES?!? Why don't they just extend the headlights all the way to the doors? DAMN, they're stretched!!! The Lexus RX is now just a modified RAV4. I saw those two parked side by side and almost couldn't tell the difference since Toyota changed the RAV4 body style. Now the GS, IS, and SC are sweet cars.

As far as Acura goes, I kinda like the new TL/CL. What I don't like is how weak the Type S engine is! Acura claims 260HP, but they must lose tons of power from the engine to the wheel cuz my friend w/ the TRD Solara (about 210-220HP) consistently beats them. Of course the NSX is awesome! And I like the new RSX. However, the RL and MDX look like every other "flagship" luxury car and SUV out there.

Just my input...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Don't forget that most Acura CL-TypeS and such were Semi-Automatic with sport shift. The new ones that have just started to roll out are 6-speed now. Does your friend drive a stick? Maybe that's why he was beating them..

I hate the look of the Altimas and Maximas, the power is nice though, 240HP & 255HP I think.

Eww:

Not bad, back sucks though:

I guess we just have different taste!

G

·
I don't think that the back is as bad as the front of the CL's. I hate what Acura is doing with their front ends with the way that they come to a point. I like it how on the Legend it is just rounded on the bumper. I would never buy a car like that, I may someday end up buying my Uncles 2001 CL Type-S, but the only reason will be because of the deal that I'll get and by that time my Legend will have too many miles on it that I wouldn't want to continue maintaining it, but then again who knows :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Well I think the CL looks better than the Altima, I have noticed the TL's back is a little bit better than the CL (rear lights are better)

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I personally like the new Q45, and also the Maxima and the Altimas are pretty decent but the rear just looks too damm big. As far as for the TL and CL, I personally like the look of the TL but I hate the rear of the CL so damm much. Right now my favorite line up of cars has to be BMW X5, BMW M5, Lexus GS 400, Lexus SC 400, Mercedes Benz CL55 AMG and S600. As far as Nissan having a luxury edition, i'd have to say that they are far from it and to me Infinity kinda lost their taste since the early Q45 days.

·
Registered
655 Posts
340 hp/333ft-lbs

it also has rearview camera that shows up in color on system screen,and all accessories can be voice activated.Msrp is $50,500 and RL is $43-$45, 5k more for more than 100 hp and 5speed auto,and a awesome standard features, also you only lose 1 mpg in city /and gain 1mpg on hwy. Rl needs desperately needs v8.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts