Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i started a thread last week about a legend i thought was a good deal, went to go possibly buy it and found out it was a rebuilt car. I drove it and it was nice, when i floored it it squealed the tires and it was an auto, that cant be right? 1-2 shift. SO dissapointed, on the way home i found this white acura vigor with black leather and in mint condition i had to buy it, man i love it it is very fast and luxurious/but small! good luck with your legends! i wish i couldve gotten one!!

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
:confused: :( :mad: :confused: :( :mad:

Why a Vigor? Vigors are crap compared to a Legend. They dont have the power that a Legend has, but to each his own and good luck with the car.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Triton3K said:
:confused: :( :mad: :confused: :( :mad:

Why a Vigor? Vigors are crap compared to a Legend. They dont have the power that a Legend has, but to each his own and good luck with the car.
Vigors are not crap, it's still a quality acura automobile. Yes, it's not a Legend and it's not as powerful as the Legend. But it's still a quick car that's pretty luxurious. It complimented the Legend well in the Acura lineup back in the days. American Cars are Crap, Vigor is acura which can not be associated with crap. Again to each his own, I'm sure Stoke will be very happy with his vigor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why is everyone dissing on vigors? they can haul with that 5cyl engine. I was gonna buy a legend, but every used one i looked at was thrashed, the vigor drives great and yes it isnt slow, it really can go with a 7k rpm redline and 180hp, all in a small package. ill take a legend on any day(only certain types of legends) its a sweet car, i dont know why you guys are hatin it, the wood and black leather go great, its nice, i guess people with legends are snobby, eh? well if i wanted to be a snob, ill just take the lexus SC and show you whats up!

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Well, I didn't mean to offend anyone, but that was just my opinion. I've driven a vigor before and going from a Legend to a vigor FOR ME, just didn't seem right. I just felt like there was alot of power lost even though they are two different cars. I'm just not too fond with the styling of the vigors. There was one time when I did like vigors but after being so addicted to Legends and then looking at vigors it just doesn't match up TO ME. To each his own and like I said before, I hope you enjoy the Vigor and I was never being a snob, I was just expressing the way I felt about the car. I'm pretty sure there are cars out there that I like that most of you guys might not like but thats because we all look for different things in cars.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yeah

The legend is more distinct when compared to the accord of that time, thats why i like the looks more, and the fact that u cant go with much aftermarket on both, u want to get as much from factory as u can.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I agree, Vigors are not crap at all....I just wouldn't have made such a rash decision and downgraded to the Vigor(Yes, its a downgrade from the legend)....Hopefully you will enjoy it and join the legend family someday...Good luck.

G

·
I actually think that the Acura Vigor is a great car, and especially the Manual ones, which have quite a bit of power. Someone said something about the JDM one piece headlights for this car.... they really finish off a Vigor and I think that the biggest styling problem with them is the US 3 piece headlights. Congratulations on buying a great car dude... enjoy. Oh yeah, plus they get better mileage than our Legends (at a minor cost though;)).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well in the car buying process, i test drove a 92 LS sedan and a 93 GS sedan vigor, and i liked the vigor better, i liked it being a little smaller, gets about 28mpg and it still has a few good luxury features. I paid $4900 for a white/black one that was in primo condition- not a scuff on the outside inside, leather is/feels brand new. i love the legends, especially the rear, and yes if a legend would have presented itself at that price in anywhere near the condition i would have bought it. i love the legends and someday will find a 95 coupe, but i wanna wait till i find the perfect one for me, so the vigor will fill that gap!!! thanks guys, im not gettin all mad, just tryin to stand up for hondas 2.5L beast!!!

G

·
Dude, that is pathetic owning so many cars.... what is the reason for it????? Why not just buy one nice car, and treat it well :confused:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have to agree with Dave. I owed a Vigor before the Legend had it for five years and would still have it now, but my family out grew it too small out back, major flaw, major. I freakin loved that car man, it had more torque then my legend has, the first week I had that vigor I was getting rubber at all the green lights it took some getting use to, yes the legend is faster than the vigor will ever be but that vigor is quick darn quick, its unique, people use to come to me and ask if the car was something new Acura put out, talk about rare and something that hardly no one else has you can count the amount of vigor's on one hand in any city. I never had any major problems with it besides reg maintenance which was still cheaper than my Legend. I never had and still have no regrets from having that Vigor, the interior has more character and detail then the Legend when you compare them side by side, its just a different car either you like it or you don't. You will enjoy it my friend, have fun.

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Had a '94 GS and absolutely LOVED it. Great car and at the time, a nice bridge between the 'Teg and the Legend. However, Dave C. hit the nail on the head---no back seat room! Also, maybe the only car on the planet with less aftermarket support than the Legend. I'd have another one, though---

For $4900, sounds like you got yourself a good one. Enjoy---

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah thanks for the comments, i love legends, and the vigor is just another nice acura, and the stick i think has more power than an auto legend. its a nice car, the wood is awesome and it will only be to use until i find a legend coupe. then this vigor will be gone, i buy and sell cars, so the lineup is always changing!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The vigor is a sweet car. It has great pickup when you hit that accelerator. That 5 cylinder 175hp engine is no slouch. Plus, for less than 5 grand, you picked up a great luxury vehicle. Getting a quality second gen legend for that price would have been impossible. Also, white on black is a great combination.

I actually was going to get a vigor before I decided to get a legend. However, the back seat room was little to none and the car I was considering wasn't the greatest color (brown on brown). Also, I am not a big fan of the rear end of the vigor.

However, it is a great car and congrats on your purchase. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts