Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching ebay for some stuff and fell upon a new fiberglass hood for our legends. Have you guys seen this style before? All I have seen are Carbon Fiber hoods that look stock.

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the link

· Registered
2,516 Posts
Crazy!!!! I just looked at that hood. I cannot tell if it's good quality FRP. It definately does have a structure to it though and it definately is for a Legend. I want to know more, because that cowl is exactly what I need for my new invention, for cooling. I just want to make sure it's a good product. I'll give it a little time.

-Mike

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
I wouldnt buy it, since the guy didnt even put if its for a coupe or sedan... not a good sign

· Registered
3,484 Posts
maybe he doesn't know theres a difference. when i didn't own a legend, i didn't know that some of the parts were not interchangable, but when i got one, i quickly learned.

hood doesn't look bad, just not really my taste. i would never put it on my car. I don't want to say 'ricey' but i'm almost tempted to say it.

· Registered
2,516 Posts
Very true, thanks for bringin me back to my senses. I need a sleek cowl hood (preferably fiberglass) that will have a very subtle sleek scoop offset to the driverside. To buy that hood on ebay would be "taking the easy way out", I doubt it's the kind of quality I'm after. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to buy custom fiberglass hoods; where they'll let you sketch it and then they'll come up with something, and it needs to be high quality with heat sheilding and a stong but flexible FRP structure. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Mike

· Registered
3,484 Posts
i have not run across any place that will make custom hoods. but i'm just going to throw this out there and say that it'll prob cost you quite a bit to get one custom made to your preference/design.

· Registered
2,516 Posts
Yeah I expect that. I was thinking i'd probably have to drop almost a G. You think that's about right? That is expensive. What would you recommend, that I get my stock hood modified instead? Because, I really do need some form of cooling built into my hood. Scoop, twin scoops, cowls, slats, whatever, I just need something and it must look good too, because I musn't degrade the Legend's style. Later.

-Mike

· Registered
2,516 Posts
Yeah, I know, I just can't ever find the kind of scoops that I want on there. Do you know of a website that has a large selection. It's definately gotta be molded on so I don't ruin my Legend. I guess, I could always get a custom fiberglass scoop made (DUHHH) haha I wasn't even thinking. Thanks for the suggestions. Oh and BTW what happened to the NALA thread, it just dissapeared.

· Registered
82 Posts
didn't bother reading this thread so if what I say is repeated feel free to flame me I'll read the whole thing when I'm not at work

the carbon fiber version of the hood in the picture is for the sedan only and is available at importfan.com for $699.00

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.