Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
i just ordered my new deck and changer. Its a Sony Xplod ES XR-M550 deck, which has the Active Black Panel motorized flip-down display and the CDX-747X 10 disc Xplod changer. I have a few questions, is there any way to make the the changer fit in my factory changer mounting space? the dimensions are 11 7/8"W,
3 5/8"H, and 7 9/16"D. (worlds smallest 10 disc i believe, lol)
if not, what will i have to do? should i attempt to install them both myself (no experience) or get it done professionally? whats a good price? ok thanks guys:)

·
Registered
248 Posts
if you are decent with hand tools, I would say go for it and install the HU your self, go to crutchfifeld and order their master sheets and kit, it will make your job a lot easier. just follow the instructions, use crimp connectors to match up the wires, and htats it...just be paitient...

as for the cd changer, i am not sure if that will fit, since I havent never tried to do it in my legend, but running the cd changer isnt that hard either, usualyl just one or two cables that goes to the cd player, the harder thing is probably taking out body panels to run wires...

all dpends on your confidence and competancy level.

b

·
Registered
310 Posts
i have the same changer

what i do was to take out the black plastic thing that supposed to hold the factory OEM cd changer. when u take that out (i think it's left side), then just put your CD changer in.

simple.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
install the headunit myself too? AND the changer? i have no experience with this..............but i would love to save those $50 if its a 15 min job!!!! even if i can do it in about an hour, im willing to take it on......................ok so im gonna need 20 wiring caps, also i know im gonna need a dash kit..........anything else???

should i order the master sheet from crutchfield? will i need to order one each for both the changer and the deck?

thanks for the advice guys, i think you saved me $50:)

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
ive never put a changer in before, maybe someone else could post on how to do that. But all you need to do a head unit is a crimper and wiring caps and 15 minutes. How do you pull out a legend headunit someone. i am about to do mine and would like to know how. Any way, if youve never done anything like that before, get some help from a friend, and it should be easier. and save you some money.
peace
Tnelson

·
Registered
248 Posts
hehe, if you want to take a drive out to Pittsburgh, PA, I can help you put it in :)
hee hee, its a long drive but it may be worth it becuase then you will know how to do it yourself everytime heheh :)

b

1 - 12 of 12 Posts