Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news I'm getting new brakes on my ride today!!!!(Yeeah!!) The mechanic guy I go to isnt putting the cheap one from p boys on them either he's going to the dealer for the brakes!!!! Anyway how long before I should replace them again. I just want an average time frame. I don't drive like an "ASS-HOLE" as some of the drivers are known for being from other commuters. I don't constantly slam my brakes and peel out. How long should I be looking at till I replace my brakes again!?!?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
You mean the rotors?

I'd go w/ Brembo cross drilleds if I was you, along w/ some good semi metallic pads.

If it's just pads, then I guess , however long (just take a wheel off and inspect it every once in a while)..

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
Just don't get the OEM dealer rotors, b/c they are just crap for actual performance. I 2nd Jose's vote for the brembo b/c it's actually cheaper and higher quality than the dealer stock overpriced POS. Elvis and Mr. Wood have been offering us great quality stuff, so just do a search on their names. I do think that if you do get these brembo CD/slotted zinc/CAD plated, you wouldn't have to ever replace them unless you wreck your car.

·
Registered
847 Posts
yeah, don't get the stock rotors... Hella expensive and doesn't work at all:D But if you do get the stock, make sure you get EBC pads. If you do manage to get the brembos, then any high performance pad will be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.