Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were going to sell your car(s)... what would you do with $18,000?? Would you get something luxury, would you build something fast, or get some JDM going (hint hint...)? Please gimme your opinions guys...

·
Registered
583 Posts
What I'd do...but don't use me as a measure...

Add a NOS kit to the Turbo Mower, then slicks, wheelie bars....etc

then,
I search out some b1tchin JDA to import... pre-riced that you can buy up cheap and add/take away as you see fit....
Container shipping isn't really all that much if you live near a seaport.... :D

OR,
Buy a G1 in good condition for $2500. Dump in $15000.
You have a VERY nice (new) ride and $500 to throw a after project beer party...:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'd go with a mid to late 90's Camaro SS and spend some money on mods to get a very fun 170mph car. Gotta love those big engines.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for the replies guys... especially the one about the turbo lawnmower... ha!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
God that would be nice...

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
ChrisK said:
Down payment for a GS400, new or used.
It all depends on the price I get because I have a friend who works at Lexus of Manhattan here in NYC and he's told me that if I ever needed a lexus or know of anyone who does then to let him know.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow Triton... what are the Lexus' going for these days? How about a GS300? I really like those, and I think that the 400 is a bit out of reach....

·
Registered
166 Posts
if I had 18,000 to spend on a car, I would take my time to hunt out for a beautiful 6-speed coupe. I love my Legend and I'm planning on keeping till I grow old and keep it in my garage as a classic. Anyhow, I would then take my auto coupe for everyday driving and the 6-speed for special occasions and summer driving.

hey guys lemme know if any of you guys ever want to let go of your 6-speeds. :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
With 18k????? I would get a used, low mileage 97/98 BMW 540i 6 speed, hehehee.........., and finance the difference. That car now can be had for under 30k.

Or, like some other suggested, get a used GS300, and put single turbo on it, and you will kick ass everyday anytime anywhere anyhow, hauhauuhaa!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah Alexander! I love the GS series Lexus'... they're great... single turbo 2JZ!!! Fast!!! I'd fry rice all day long in that... it'd be hard to beat it in terms of luxury AND speed... Sounds like a plan... just the turbo work is going to be quite alot of money (for the HKS single turbo manifold, the SP57 kit that I would want, and fuel... HKS fuel rails and injectors and Warlbro Pump, and all the electronic junk to run it! Wow!)

·
Registered
851 Posts
95Legend6Spd said:
Yeah Alexander! I love the GS series Lexus'... they're great... single turbo 2JZ!!! Fast!!! I'd fry rice all day long in that... it'd be hard to beat it in terms of luxury AND speed... Sounds like a plan... just the turbo work is going to be quite alot of money (for the HKS single turbo manifold, the SP57 kit that I would want, and fuel... HKS fuel rails and injectors and Warlbro Pump, and all the electronic junk to run it! Wow!)
Hahaha!!!!!!, I know it's expensive, but don't you love it if you can kicks those snob BMW owners out there! hahahha!!!, not all is snob, but mostly are! hahhahha!!!!!!!!!!, you can pretty much burn anything here, from rice, bean and bratwurst, if you know what I mean! hahhahh!!!!!!!!!!!, great plan, but execution is costly!:D

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
95Legend6Spd said:
Wow Triton... what are the Lexus' going for these days? How about a GS300? I really like those, and I think that the 400 is a bit out of reach....
I'll find out for sure how much they go for but last time I was there, they had a used 2000 GS400 with navi and like 30k miles on it for about $32,000. It was pretty high compared to other places i've seen them but i'll find out about the GS300.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alexander - Having a car like that would make me not want to leave it (alone) for 5 minutes... I'd just be sitting there making car noises when I'm in the parking lot... and when I'm driving, I don't know what would happen... I'm a bit of a boost junkie, so I would have to have at least 15-19LBS out of it (that's around 390-450hp!!!)

Triton - I'm curious about the GS300... any info would be greatly appreciated, as I've never though about having a Toyota (lexus) until a few weeks ago after seeing a GS400 on the streets... time to do some more research and hit the Lexus boards....:D

·
Registered
583 Posts
my other two cents...

now I only have a penny left out of my original nickle....

I was actually pondering a simular fate a month ago and decided to spend the money on my G1.
This is one of the other beaters that I was looking at. You may want to consider it....

Ebay Item # 1803655177

only on for two more days....

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man that's a badass 6 Series... One of my friends has a silver 635csi automatic.... that's one classic of a car! I told him that if he ever sold it to let me have it, but his isnt' near the condition that the one on EBAY is... if I had the money, I'd grab it quickly!

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Triton - I'm curious about the GS300... any info would be greatly appreciated, as I've never though about having a Toyota (lexus) until a few weeks ago after seeing a GS400 on the streets... time to do some more research and hit the Lexus boards....:D [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll try to give my friend a call tomorrow and see what the price ranges are from. I know over the christmas holiday they had about 10 used GS 300 and like 4 used GS400 for very very low prices because they were trying to get rid of them and thats what kinda drew me too wanting a Lexus GS so bad. I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I find out.

·
Registered
583 Posts
EEEeeemmmmmm six

95Legend6Spd said:
Man that's a badass 6 Series... One of my friends has a silver 635csi automatic.... that's one classic of a car! I told him that if he ever sold it to let me have it, but his isnt' near the condition that the one on EBAY is... if I had the money, I'd grab it quickly!
yeah, did you see the milage? like 45k... [email protected] ...
I could only bid up to 8k.
I have a friend that has an 88 M5 that's [email protected]&fun
and I almost talked him out of it... but that 6 is mighty nice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts