Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my carbon fiber short ram intake my GF got me tell me what you think.

·
Registered
619 Posts
pretty nice, but that's not really a carbon fiber intake, rather a carbon fiber filter. i was a little curious, because i saw the thread title and knew that Weapon R stopped producing the carbon fiber Secret Weapon a few years ago. if i get a chance i'll get my dad to post some pics of it.

still, never seen a filter like that. pretty cool man. welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
340 Posts
what brand intake is it? I ask that because your intake is the lung of your car. if it is a crappy one, I wouldn't put it on there just because it's CF. I also ask for brand because usually, some brands are more popular because they have been good to customers. only way to find out if this intake is good is if the engine fails down the road due to debris getting into the engine.

·
Registered
619 Posts
what brand intake is it? I ask that because your intake is the lung of your car. if it is a crappy one, I wouldn't put it on there just because it's CF. I also ask for brand because usually, some brands are more popular because they have been good to customers. only way to find out if this intake is good is if the engine fails down the road due to debris getting into the engine.
dude i hate to say it, but at the heart of it. it's just a bent piece of metal. all that really matters is what diameter the tubing is and what kind of filter you are using (i.e. paper or foam). really the only time you are getting into differences are fitment and durability of the product. why do you think people selling ebay intakes make such a killing?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Ha, same intake I had on my 91' from a couple years ago. No it's not carbon fiber at all, sorry :) I personally didn't like the filter.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my Girl Friend got it for me so i can complain if she didn't know. It works pretty well for now. I'm probably going to change it down the road to a weapon r or ingen when i get more money. My GF was just trying her best so it will do for now. It does make a nice noise. LOL

·
Registered
340 Posts
well, what I meant by "intake" was the actual filter itself. your tube is fine. and like you said, whenever you save up more money, go get yourself a K&N filter.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ok i see. Just to answer your question it is by BOMZ Racing if you have ever heard of them.

·
has left.
4,454 Posts
Well my Girl Friend got it for me so i can complain if she didn't know. It works pretty well for now. I'm probably going to change it down the road to a weapon r or ingen when i get more money. My GF was just trying her best so it will do for now. It does make a nice noise. LOL
As a Weapon-R owner, I have $.02 to contribute to this conversation.

Save the money you'd spend on a new intake assembly, buy a K&N conical filter that will fit on the intake you have, and don't look back.

I'm not bashing the Weapon-R SW as a part: it's certainly affective but if you've already put a different solution on the important part is to get a good filter (thus the K&N recommendation) and enjoy it from there. Gains, if any, will be modest and weight difference, if any, will be small when moving from an eBay or comprable intake to a Weapon-R or Injen and given the $100+ cost difference... why bother?

Of course, if it's just about the name and reputation... that's your call.

·
Registered
364 Posts
or just but a weapon R Sticker and a can of paint and TADA :)

Photobucket

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I might just do that then and to answer you question Escobar it is hooked to the intake on the biggest hole and i have no idea what it does. My mechanic helped me out and just hooked it there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts