Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got the first shipment of the 2002 Version Dragon Filters..

They are ready to ship now..
For those who already have our filters and would like to upgrade.. We will be giving the Legend Owners a discount off the original price..

MSRP: $85.00
ACURA-LEGEND.COM Price: $60.00

You have to call us directly and Use this discount code:
0378ALC

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Leo, what are the advantages of this Filter over the Hyper Filter (2001?)

Also, have we ironed out the issues that may bring up concern with the original dragon filter?
I am not trying to cause any problems, I actually need a second filter for when it rains or just ot have another one in case the CAI setup gets wet somehow.

Thanks buddy.

Keep up the good support!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
legendarylegendz.com said:
Hey Leo, what are the advantages of this Filter over the Hyper Filter (2001?)

Also, have we ironed out the issues that may bring up concern with the original dragon filter?
I am not trying to cause any problems, I actually need a second filter for when it rains or just ot have another one in case the CAI setup gets wet somehow.

Thanks buddy.

Keep up the good support!
Thanks for the support..
The Hyper is actually an 5 year old filter..
The only thing we had with the dragon filters were that they didn't flow enough for the V6's and the V8's we were putting them on.. The second velocity stack only worked well on 4cyl applications.. I guess the techs overlooked that..

This new filter now flows better and has a newly designed Velocity stack to bring in more air..

The major difference between the V2 and the New dragon is just that you can take it apart and clean it.. Since the V2 had only 1 velocity stack it flowed more than enough air for the larger engines..

·
Registered
575 Posts
WRLeo, I see you have a discount on the filter for our Board, thanks! But in my situation, and I'm sure others, I will need the whole new version Dragon intake system. So is there a discount code for that also and how much. If you can hook us up, I'll call tommorow and order one. Also, can you please give us the phone# to call when we put in the order and maybe an extension # so we can order directly from someone who is aware of this discount price? Thanks much for the Legend support and hope to hear from you soon!

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
New Dragon Intake

Dear Leo,
Much thanks to you and your company for producing products for the Legend community and for your interest and support.

I'm sure many people will be interested in this and your products will sell well, at least on this board.

what kind of performance gains can we expect from this new intake ? 15 hp?

i dont have any type of aftermarket intake sytem system yet, so what kind of setups do u have using the new dragon filter? do u have a whole new intake system for the dragon? cold air?? have u also designed a new cold air box or will it be the old 1?? and if i want a cold air setup, will there be a chance of water getting inside the engine? if yes, will u make some sort of bypass valve like AEM to prevent it? how much will it all cost for a new dragon intake system using a cold air setup with all this? if there is 1, whats the discount code? (im ordering soon!) and how complicated will installation be? will i need to goto a mechanic?

sorry for all the questions but i need to know!!
thank you very much

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Is that a good price for just the filter? I mean, I've seen procarparts.com selling an entire intake for $59. Just seems like a hefty price for just a filter...Although they do look a lot neater than other filters...I like the black/chrome one...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: New Dragon Intake

LEgEnD4LiFe said:
Dear Leo,
Much thanks to you and your company for producing products for the Legend community and for your interest and support.

I'm sure many people will be interested in this and your products will sell well, at least on this board.

what kind of performance gains can we expect from this new intake ? 15 hp?

i dont have any type of aftermarket intake sytem system yet, so what kind of setups do u have using the new dragon filter? do u have a whole new intake system for the dragon? cold air?? have u also designed a new cold air box or will it be the old 1?? and if i want a cold air setup, will there be a chance of water getting inside the engine? if yes, will u make some sort of bypass valve like AEM to prevent it? how much will it all cost for a new dragon intake system using a cold air setup with all this? if there is 1, whats the discount code? (im ordering soon!) and how complicated will installation be? will i need to goto a mechanic?

sorry for all the questions but i need to know!!
thank you very much
With this New DRagon You can expect more power than any of our filters.. We do offer an complete intake system for your car, but we do not offer cold air , whereas you would put the filter into the fender or bumper.. That is why we developed the cold air box to shield the filter from the engine heat and allow it to draw air from the fender and or bumper.. Im sure any people with the CAB on this board will agree.. This set-up is safer and cleaner..
Also you can rest easy not having to worry about running over water or massive dirt... With this cold air box you can always check when you filter needs another cleaning service by simple removing the top of the CAB.. Whereas you would have to remove alot of things with a CAI to even get to your filter..

If anyone wants the entire set-up , we ran a group buy a few weeks ago.. Here's the deal... I can get you guys the DRAGON INTAKE w/ CAB for $300.00.. I asked my boss for a deal and he gave it to me.. Here's the catch.... We need 10+ people for this group buy.. And this price is only good for 1 week.. So if your intrested in one... get on the phone, i have'nt seen a deal like this before..

WRUSA: 650-877-8280

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
hey

WR_LEO said:
Regular price on the Intake is $175.00..
I can get it to you for $150.00...
does this include the new dragon filter?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess we over sold..
I was just notified that we have Red and Blue pipes.
I even found 7 CARBON FIBER pipes.. Additional $60.00 to the cost.

Sorry were sold out of Polished for now..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Installation is pretty simple.. If you look at the engine companrtment you'll understand how to put it in..
Also it comes with instructions for the intake system..

I only have 5 Carbon Intake pipes left guys..
and that was in 5 minutes. ahahh

Guess everyone loves carbon..

We have'nt got a chance to dyno test our intake yet, but when we get MIke Cruz's Type-2 over here and Dyno tune the ECu we'll have an idea..

LEO

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
leon

i sent u an email, partna.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
WR_LEO said:

We have'nt got a chance to dyno test our intake yet, but when we get MIke Cruz's Type-2 over here and Dyno tune the ECu we'll have an idea..

LEO
I have to give props to Mike. When I rode in his original 88 Coupe, I thought is was one of the cleanest G1 Coupes around. The outside was beautifully done, but the inside was also very clean for a car that was at the time 12 years old. Looked almost new to me, and it rode great. I can't wait to get a ride in his G2 the next time I'm in town :) It took my 3 years to get my G2 6-Speed to where it is, and Mike did his and more in a mere few months. If this ECU works out well, I might be buying one for my 6-Speed as well.

This leads me to an importent question for the Weapon-R guys (LEO).

How will this ECU affect the Legends with TCS? I know the TCS equiped Legends ECU's are pretty touchy, as I couldn't get a TYPE II GS Sedan's ECU with TCS to work in my TYPE II Coupe with TCS. The TCS system would shut down. I know the prototype car's (Mike's Car) does not have TCS, so I'm wondering if this unit will be tested on TCS equiped cars as well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts