Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's essentially an ebay style rating system for buying and selling stuff here on AL.

It's really simple:

* In the quick links menu at the top of the page you'll find a link called "View Trade History." That page will show you your current trader profile.

* If you look in the post bit (that bar to the left of this post (and every post ever made on this forum ) you'll see a "Trader Rating" line. That is obviously that person's trader rating.

* If you want to read the details on someone's trader profile either click on the number that represents their trader rating in the postbit, or click on their username in the postbit and go to "View Trade History"

* After you have completed a sale that you are involved in go into the thread that you bought the item from and click on the buyer or seller's username and click "Leave Trade Feedback!" Fill out the form and you're all set!

The nice thing about this system is that it is very easy to use and will protect everyone on the site from getting involved with a bad buyer or seller. Enjoy and let me know if you have any troubles with it!

·
D'Nejel Ar-Ukca IIV/_\|<
1,208 Posts
i like where this forum is going!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Whats to stop someone from making a new account to leave good feadback or leaving bad feedback to get back at someone for something unreleated?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Marty182 said:
Whats to stop someone from making a new account to leave good feadback or leaving bad feedback to get back at someone for something unreleated?
Nothing except the button that lets you contest their rating. :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Alperovich said:
plus that also sounds like a bannable offense
It depends. If it's flagrant and intentional then maybe. Otherwise it's just someone responding with their opinion.

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
autoxCLS said:
It depends. If it's flagrant and intentional then maybe. Otherwise it's just someone responding with their opinion.
i ment, opening up a new account just to post a negative itrader rating, since having multipal accounts is a bannable offense.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Alperovich said:
i ment, opening up a new account just to post a negative itrader rating, since having multipal accounts is a bannable offense.
Then you answered your own question. :D

·
Registered
959 Posts
You have the ability to edit a comment. It's just like ebay - we believe that your state of mind when you first rated the person is more important.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Maybe I'm not expressing my thoughts clearly?

autoxCLS said:
You have the ability to edit a comment. It's just like ebay - we believe that your state of mind when you first rated the person is more important.
Imagine the case in which one gets posts or PMs from people who commit to buy but never follow through. To produce a corrective effect, one needs to give them negative feedback.

Then let them write their genuine reasons or imaginary excuses for punking out, and fellow members can draw their own conclusions...

Are you saying our system allows for this?

If so booyah!
Ivanj

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
/\ the only way, in anything, when you are buying something, to know for sure that one is truely commited is by asking for $$, no cash, no commitment.

I don't think that what you are suggesting is what the itrader system is designed to be used for.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ok - here's what I mean.

If a seller lists a product and a buyer sends the money but the seller takes forever to ship after receipt of the money, then they deserve a negative feedback. Legally, there have been the basics of a contract - offer, acceptance, consideration (money). The seller not shipping is his breaking the deal and they should be held accountable.

Other reasons for negative rating are item not as described, item missing parts, etc.

Ivanj:

No - that wouldn't be covered. If someone ships a product before the person pays, then that's their fault. Sellers should never EVER ship before full payment. If someone promises to buy but never pays, then that's just the way it works unfortunately. :(

Alperovich: Exactly.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Alperovich said:
woah, woah, multiple accounts is bannable? Even if you dont break the iTrader rules and use the account as a joke, and the majority of the members know its an AE? If so, ban me, most of the mods know i have another account, hasnt been active for quite some time. If you want, some admin pm me and i will explain it. thanks.

BTW, i thought that having one when banned was against the rules, but nowhere in the rules does it say no AEs.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi moderator-
We did a transaction, we both posted good feedback and nothing shows up. Is the function working yet?

Thanks,
Ivanj

1 - 20 of 41 Posts