Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OKAY, so Im looking at a local legend. Its a 1995 LS coupe with 151k. the guy is asking $4k for it. HERES my issues: No original keyless remotes.
and no original rims! instead, it has some rather ugly pacer rims on it, that stick out and look really bad. ontop of that, they throw the alignment off, making the car vibrate horribly, and they rub! Here's a pic. My question is this: What factory acura rims can i replace these ugly ones with, (beside the stock GS/LS-coupe wheels) without the chance of rubbing and or vibrations?
... or would the car just need an alignment and be good to do?
the tires on it are 205/55R17 (i think). Might be 16's.

I havent sold my current car yet (92 Lexus SC300), but the guy wanted to trade even for it. My lexus is almost mint for a 92, and this legend obviously has some issues. I just am not sure what to do. If i can find a cheap way to get rid of the vibrate problem, i'll probably ask to trade and get $500cash. Please help.

P.s. I'm brand new here, and i think i've posted this in the right spot. If not, im terribly sorry, and please move my thread to the proper place. :yes:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The car you are looking at definitely has 16 inch wheels (you can read the size in your picture). The only factory wheels available in 16 inch were the 1993-95 LS Coupe and 1994-95 GS Sedan, which in my opinion are nice 5 spoke wheels. Several members here have them.

If you go to the factory wheel rubbing should not be an issue.

·
Registered
649 Posts
will be easier to fine a nice set of after market wheels. just make sure the offset etc. are correct. theres a section here dedicated to wheels and such. and welcome :thumbsup:

·
Renaissance.
3,001 Posts
The vibration issue can be more than just rims:
-lower ball joints
-brakes
-car could have front end damage

OEM replacement ball joints are ~$40, but the labor may be $150ish more. Have you run a Carfax?

From what the pics show, looks clean :thumbsup:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Before you do anything, go read JETDOC's "what to know BEFORE you buy a legend".... do a search on his name...he has posted alot of great information here...go read...become knowledgeable...you did come to the right place to find out...that does look like a dam fine ride, don't get me wrong...and welcome!

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Not so sure I wouldn't keep the Lexus if it's mint and there's no problems with it. Better the devil you know than the one you don't. Sellers wanting to dump Legends with that approximate mileage are notorious for pawning off a BHG on a unsuspecting buyer, so be careful.

·
GS/LS Conversion
2,481 Posts
Not so sure I wouldn't keep the Lexus if it's mint and there's no problems with it. Better the devil you know than the one you don't. Sellers wanting to dump Legends with that approximate mileage are notorious for pawning off a BHG on a unsuspecting buyer, so be careful.
Welcom to the form!
Im going with stevieray on this one. make sureyou check that coupe out from A to Z.

·
A 15yr O.G. Owner!
377 Posts
StevieRay's one of our OGs (Original Gurus) here and he is giving you some excellent (and free) advice. Run that Carfax, have a good mechanic do a through check on it from top to bottom before you shell out any $$$. If the seller is honest, he won't mind you having the car checked out BEFORE you buy.

Having said all that, welcome, you will not find a beter place to get all the info you need to maintain and enjoy a Legend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts