Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im 18 years old and just got a 1995 legend 6-speed coupe. Its gold and in pretty decent shape even though it has 150,000k on it. My father is a used car salesman and he picked it up at the auction for 3,300$ and gave it to me for that so I am pumped.

However I have a few quick questions about it. I poped the hood and it said Type II i was wondering if this motor came stock in the car in 1995 or if it was a swap due to the fact under the hood looks practicly brand new and runs extremly strong. Also does anyone know what a type II would run the 1/4 mile in stock?

Overall I like the car alot, my previous car was a 1998 bmw 328i 5-speed, the legend feels a lot more solid on the highway. Also it pulled very hard and it was reassuring to beable to drop it into 6th gear and let it rip.

Thanks, I should have some pictures of my car online soon..

· Registered
3,994 Posts
welcome .... the type 2 motor is a stock 230 hp, and with a six speed you will be the envy of a lot of people here. Its a car the cruises at very high speed easily, but its not very fast off the line due to the fact that its a heavy car.

enjoy

· Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Welcome!

yea, the Type II was stock in ALL coupes from 93 and newer...

and i love the sn...just made me bust out "Im Mista Boombastic, say me fantastic, touch me in my back she say im Mista Ro.......mantic" :giggle: :giggle:

· Registered
1,114 Posts
welcome to the 6-speed club :2cool: 1/4 mile times vary alot on driver and such, i ran a 15.4 all stock at sealevel(or close to it) almost all of your question can be answered by running a search, some people get a little testy if you ask something that has been answered before.

· 3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,200 Posts
Daddymac117 said:
Welcome!

yea, the Type II was stock in ALL coupes from 93 and newer...

and i love the sn...just made me bust out "Im Mista Boombastic, say me fantastic, touch me in my back she say im Mista Ro.......mantic" :giggle: :giggle:
was just about to say it when I say the name :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
welcome I think you heard from the pro's here .....enjoy your new car

· Registered
4,086 Posts
u suck.. :rolleyes: :D

I want dips on an auction.!!

6spd.....sweet!

Post pics!

· Registered
502 Posts
Welcome you lucky you :bowdown: Less than $4000 for a 95 6spd ? man, thats a great deal. :vomit: wish i got that deal :2cool:

· Registered
1 Posts
Roof Spoiler for my 1999 RL

Hello,

I'm new to the Acura Legend-RL family and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a Roof Spoiler for my Gold 1999 RL. I got the nice 18" chromes rolling on her and just need the Roof Wing to really bring her to life. I notice that member 4cruizn had a Roof Spoiler for his Legend, maybe he/she can tell me where I can get one. I've check everywhere and they have it for every Acura except for the RL. There has to be one out there.

Not giving up!

mooreRL

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
mooreRL said:
Hello,

I'm new to the Acura Legend-RL family and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a Roof Spoiler for my Gold 1999 RL. I got the nice 18" chromes rolling on her and just need the Roof Wing to really bring her to life. I notice that member 4cruizn had a Roof Spoiler for his Legend, maybe he/she can tell me where I can get one. I've check everywhere and they have it for every Acura except for the RL. There has to be one out there.

Not giving up!

mooreRL
Roof spoiler?????? is that? :confused:

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
mooreRL said:
I notice that member 4cruizn had a Roof Spoiler for his Legend, maybe he/she can tell me where I can get one. I've check everywhere and they have it for every Acura except for the RL. There has to be one out there.
First, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay. I never installed my roof spoiler (sold it shortly after purchase) but I bought it from a place called Sarona. See their website at http://www.sarona.com. I'm not sure if they have any applications for the RL. Good luck!

BTW 1_Hot, yes, roof spoilers exist. Here are the pictures of the one I had.

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72679

· FIXER
1,720 Posts
Red Flag!

95 Legend Coupe 6 speed at an auction for how much? They usually sell for at least $8000.

Be cautious here, It's likely to have head gasket problems, have really high miles or it's beat up. Watch your temp gauge for any erratic or strange movement. Legends are known to have head gasket problems, Read THIS thread

I'm not trying to ruin your new Legend "woodie", I just want you to know how important it is to maintain your Legends cooling system properly.
As a new Legend owner you should read this thread also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.