Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time troller, first time pic poster. I grabbed this in January with 103,00 miles, one owner (old guy) and all service records. I love it and have made a few mods (tint, Alpine HU) and have a few others in mind (burlwood, new wheels prob GS, and speakers).

The most obvious need, however, is body work. I got quoted at 2K. Is it worth it?

Thanks

Picasa Web Albums - Viktor Vaughn - 3-23-2008

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Nice Legend, what year?. What will they be doing for $2k?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It is a 95 L. I have a whole print-out of the work somewhere but basicly get rid of the rust on the quarter-panels, one new door, fix the damage to the front end, and re-paint all of those parts. He said he'd make it look "brand new."

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Hmmm...is he bondoing the rust or actually putting in fresh metal?

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
If it is quality work and a decent paint job then $2k is an ok price imho, not a fantastic deal, but not highway robbery either. Of course Boston labor rates may be higher than Cleveland!

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
if 2k is whole car body repair and paint. DO IT. that cars MINT!
i am so lucky oldies drove my car b4 i got mine.. PHEW! they had ALL records and wrote EVERYTHING in that journal part in the manual..... who the heck does that!!!

fix er up! nice interior..after the 2k.. i hope it will be nice exterior too :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Man. I give you props on the screen name. Nothing like like a little Big Pun. And good looking whip. Get that body work with some gs wheels and a drop and you'll be money.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
I hope that body shop quote includes a repaint or better blend of the passenger side door and forward...it's very obvious that from the front door forward, it's significantly lighter than the back portion of the car

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
nice ride, needs body work but its doable. 2k is a great price, i paid that for 2 fiberglassed quaterpanels with no paint. (that also included frame adjustments) and significantly more work on one quater panel.

I hope that body shop quote includes a repaint or better blend of the passenger side door and forward...it's very obvious that from the front door forward, it's significantly lighter than the back portion of the car
thats casheme silver for you. only way to fix it is repaint the WHOLE car. you can blend it all day and wont match it. the color just fades so dark.

but yes, i can see it was repainted in some parts but thats doesn't mean they didn't do a good job with the paint.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
thats casheme silver for you. only way to fix it is repaint the WHOLE car. you can blend it all day and wont match it. the color just fades so dark.

but yes, i can see it was repainted in some parts but thats doesn't mean they didn't do a good job with the paint.
ouch...reminds me of my pearl white lexus....bumpers NEVER matched spot on, no matter what....

:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts