Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just bought my 1994 legend GS a few weeks ago and feel the need to make some minor modifications to it. The first thing I was going to do is the Angel Eyes mod. I have all the materials needed but cannot seem to be able to remove my headlights. Today i dicked around with them for 3 hours but i cannot figure out how to pop them out.

I took the four bolts out holding the main body of the headlight in but it refuses to come out. It is also attached to the corner light. even though i took the screw that attaches the two together, there seems to be another screw behind the bumper cover holding it to the body.

I have searched through these forums with a fine tooth comb but noone directly tells you how to remove the bumper. I didnt think you would have to remove the bumper to take the headlights out but apparently you do.

If anyone has taken their headlights out of the exact year and model please give me some insight and possible pictures.

· Registered
186 Posts
WOW, So you buy a GS as your first legend? Lucky.. Angel Eyes take a little more than minor modification on legends, i think a while back someone did it on there legend and posted the forum.. Angel Eyes is definitely not an easy modification, especially if you cant get the headlights out.. If i were you i would just by some clear corners, they look legit.. Plus I saw a combo set for $50? Euro on the clear corners, and clear bumper lens..

· Registered
4,119 Posts
In order to remove the headlamp assy you need to remove the bumper. On the Sedan, there are four main (12mm) bolts. Two can be seen as you look at the bumper cover grille. Two are behind the turn signal lamp assys. The rest are visible and are 10 mm bolts. I do believe there used to be a DIY on how to remove the bumper assy. There is also one on how to remove the turn signal lamps which shall have to be removed and disconnected.

My best suggestion is if you plan on performing any DIY repairs/maintenance you should consider buying a HELM Service Manual (www.helminc.com). It should be your first purchase.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the first car i bought myself was a honda accord 1992. I had it for a year and just last montht a leak in the gaskets of the power sterring rack started to go so i sold it.

Went looking for a new car and came across this black on black leather 94 legend gs. I was so taken with the car i bought it. The fact that it was the special edition gs that they only made (94 and 95 right?) helped out along with its 230hp and 126000 on it for $6,500. Is that a good price? Everything is perfect on the car except for a few dings on the body (i live in boston heh) and the radio has a horrible buzzing which i think the amp is blown.

I checked the DIY things on bumper removal but they did not help much. I can see 4 bolts on each side toward the middle. I think they attach the bumper reinforcement to the frame. If i remove those can i get the head lights out. I will try to look for the 4 bolts LPB is talking about, until then i will wait.

BTW there is absolutly no way to take those corner blinkers off without removing the bumper cover. What a poor enginering choice.

Thank you all for the quick replies. I am new to this community and feel very welcome.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What HELM manual do you recommend. They have one for everything it seems. Im thinking body and electrical. I bought a owners manual on ebay for 10 bucks cd rom.

Also my rims are pretty beat up. Do you have any remedies for this? Could i buff them out or something?

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
To remove the bumper you need to take out your bumper lights. There is one screw holding them in, remove it and they pivot out. There are 4 14mm bolts (I think) 2 behind the bumper lights and the other 2 in the lower grill. Once they are removed the whole bumper assy will slide forward and out of the vehicle. Once you have done this you can remove the bolts holding in the headlight assy.

Hope this helps

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.