Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up everyone..just wondering if I could possibly throw some JDM integra type-R rims on the 4dr legend (non-GS model)? Does anyone know? Any help would be appreciated.

..the size of the rims are 16x7 with a 5x114 bolt pattern and 60+ offset. Will there be any rubbing? Will the rims clear the Legend's calipers?

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
center bore to 70.1mm and they should fit. what is the bolt pattern?
Legend is 5x114.3

wow.. a nice lip/lower and those rims would look miiiiiinnnnt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the bolt pattern is the same as the legend..how would i go about boring the rim? what does that mean?..where can i get it done?..and how much would that cost? THANKS!

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
find a machine shop near your area. look around the site and find people riding on OEM Acura rims such as TL rims and TSX rims etc. in your area they might be helpful to you

boring out the rim is basically machining the center of the rim to make it wider.
my explanations suck, but when you see it you will understand what i mean. because the legend bore size.. is 70.1 and the ITR rims center bore size is like in the 30-40's meaning they wont fit on.

usually the job costs 20-40$ a rim, keep in mind you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if i bore the rims out to that size...i should have no problems with the calipers rubbing or anything else? will i need spacers of some sort? sorry for the noob questions, i dont know too much about wheels and suspension :hide:

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
they should be fine. havent seen a g2 with itr rims. you should just do the measurements to see b4 u bore them out . to see how much space the caliper needs and stuff. but im pretty sure it'll be ok

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Non-GS sedans came with 15" stock so I don't see any problems with those wheels clearing the brakes etc. Boring is making the hole in the center of the rim larger so that it can fit over the larger hubs the Legend has compared to a Teg. Most machine shops/wheel shops will bore wheels out for ~$35 per wheel, perhaps less in CA because there are more shops around. Those rims look sick btw!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hi guys, those wheels definitely look bad ass on the Leg. if they fit. But here is my question: I'm not worried too much about the fitments but I'm worried more about the weight sustain from the heavy chassis Leg. approx. 3500lb sit on these wheels. Have you guys considered how strong these wheels are to be ready to support a heavy tank Leg. when it pass through pot holes or bumps in the city?

I mean, these wheels are designed for the lighter weight vehicles like Teg. may be 1000lb or less than Leg. I might be wrong but I just throw out the question to let you guys give the answer. I know you guys are the best out there.

I don't know I'm just thinking in both safety and cosmetic.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
dont worry about it. OEM rims should be able to take the weight. plus keep in mind that its not like 3500lbs on one rim.
they were designed to take the weight, and the legend is heavy, but not that heavy. i've seen these rims on accords and stuff and they seem to be just ok.
you might not want to rip each and every single turn... but driven normally those rims should be fine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all the replies sound good. I just dont want to spend all that money and find out that it wont fit at all...

so when I get my wheels bored, does that mean that the center caps wont fit anymore? since the hole will be bigger?..or does it have nothing to do with the center caps?

the rims just look like my rims now (standard Legend rims) except with longer spokes and a lot more modern/cleaner of course. once i saved up enough money for a drop and those rims..ill let you guys know how they fit! :yes:

..any other suggestions for rims? I was also thinking about these:

or in grey:

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Pop the center cap off and take a look inside. Measure the diameter of the current center bore (in mm) from the inside of the rim. See how much the current diameter is and see if there is enough room to bore the hole out to be 70.2 mm in diameter while still using the "H" center caps.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
you will still be able to use oem center caps after the wheel is bored out. IMHO those wheels would look HOT on a coupe. As for a sedan, i will reserve judgement till after I see it

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
shouldnt be a problem. aslong as you tell the guy ur paying to do it that u want those caps still on. it should be ok.

as for how it looks on your car.. its risky i guess.. it depends on the color of your car, and what you have done to it. it will not look good on many colors and definately you need to drop the car an inch or two

post some pics of ur car! :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts