Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 91 legend for 1500. Exterior has no dents but needs paint and the interior is pretty dirty but no tears or damage. The head gaskets were just replaced due to over heating. I took it for a ride today and sure as shit it started to over heat. Fortunately I was by my house and parked it. I am going to start with the usual thermostat and coolant flush to see what that does. I didnt really get to diagnose it furthur than I turned the heat on and no heat came out. The fan is running just fine. I will get some pictures up soon after I get it cleaned up. So far this site is very helpful so thanks for that!!

P.S. This is my DD from my turbo lude so I know a little bit about hondas so do worry about the legend. I will take good care of it!:bigok:

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
where in AZ? we have a good bit of members around PHX and a few down in Tucson. welcome to the forum! this is the best place to be for Legends...we'll get yours all squared away before you know it!

post some pics when you can!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The wheels make me want to vomit but the rest of the car looks nice. I looked over the engine today and it looks like it got hot because it is dumping coolant slowly from an unknown source. Looks to be the front passenger side. The radiator and resevoir were about 1/3 low. I had just filled it up friday after work before I went home. I am reading over the "over heating thread" but its long. So if anyone has an idea I would appreciate it.

I just filled the radiator back up and let it idle for about 5 min and didnt see anything leaking. Then I reved it up a few times and still nothing. So I guess I will have to keep looking till I find it.

I just noticed you can see all the spots on the ground in front of the legend which are from the legend.

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
nice coupe! we're gonna neeed some more pictures of that lude thou!! a few of us member's have had 3rd gen's. i used to have a 89 4WS red :)

end results. i wasn't driving, driver survived.

is your lude 4WS? lets see pics of that turbo setup too!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I just picked up a 91 legend for 1500. Exterior has no dents but needs paint and the interior is pretty dirty but no tears or damage. The head gaskets were just replaced due to over heating. I took it for a ride today and sure as shit it started to over heat. Fortunately I was by my house and parked it. I am going to start with the usual thermostat and coolant flush to see what that does. I didnt really get to diagnose it furthur than I turned the heat on and no heat came out. The fan is running just fine. I will get some pictures up soon after I get it cleaned up. So far this site is very helpful so thanks for that!!

P.S. This is my DD from my turbo lude so I know a little bit about hondas so do worry about the legend. I will take good care of it!:bigok:
speaking of the fan, does it spins automatically when the car starts, or you have to turn on the ac for it to start??
cause i just got my car from the shop, they changed all my belt. then he freaken broke the radiator cap and call me to tell me it will be $15 for a new cap. i was like , fine , i just want to get out of there. i will never go to a place like that again. all they want is to make as much money from me as they can. i mean it was too the point where its so rediculous.
i should of listen to my cousin and took it to an asian shop that he recommend. i just went to the one near my house and realize i mad a big mistake. i was even thinking hardly if i should go to the asian one or the one on the pennysaver.
should of went to the asian one cause my sister car didnt pass smog test, they charge $120 to make it pass, which is fucken cheap. my other car didnt pass and i took it to a brand name one, they charge me $370. so i sold that 84 pontiac.

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
cool UN, we'll have to meet up sometime, the body looks good on that coupe, how's the interior? I work at Chandler Blvd and I-10

I've also got a great co-worker who's a weekend mechanic...not sure if you're mechanically inclined but he's a good backup if it's a job you dont feel like doing.

you should post into the overheating thread, but it sounds like you already have a few things to check out. I JUST had my buddy replace both hoses coming from the heater core on my '91 which is on the passenger side and two tiny hoses near the ATF dipstick. I'm sure he had a great time doing it!

we do sarcasm on here with blue text :)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will be busy catching up on the reading there is lots of good info here.

FYI... There is usually more activity on the weekdays than weekends on the forum. That is prob. why no many replies.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Welcome. We are friendly around here. :grouphug: Good luck with fixing the leaking problem. It seems you have been given some advice already, but if you still have issues make a separate post...you will find plenty of knowledgable help.

·
Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
4cruzin you know me.
Wayne!! Haha, didn't even recognize you here. I thought for sure you'd register with the name boostedlude3g or something, lol. Congrats on the new ride. Any progress on it so far? Looks like a fun project. Always have loved the Charcoal Granite Metallic paint color.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just got a call from the shop and they said its a head gasket. Which the head gaskets were supposed to have just been replaced a few weeks ago. And that doesnt explain the coolant leaking from under the radiator. I am going to take it back to the shop that supposedly did the head gaskets in the first place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good luck Wayne, if it is the head gaskets then I'm hoping for ya the original shop will stand behind their work and be at minimum cost for you.

Welcome to forums! I don't have any knowledge in this problem area you're having so all I can do is wish you luck for an easy and speedy fix. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.