·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new pics with tls wheel lookin minty

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Looks like to me that you got mix between tls and cls wheels: front is tls and rear is cls. Lets hear from members ...

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,726 Posts
congrats on the wheels, but it does look like a combo. Any better pics?

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
you all beat me to it.. I am positive the fronts are TL-S and the rears are CL-S.. At least on the side pictured.

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
The CL-S wheels concave and the spokes are thinner as you get to the edge of the rim while the TL-S are thick and to the edge. Look at the picture and notice it.

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
Looks like to me that you got mix between tls and cls wheels: front is tls and rear is cls. Lets hear from members ...
x2

many people can't tell the difference between the two sets, but once you notice it, its like night and day.
quoting for troof.....you really don't notice it until, well, you have done what bsmooth has done (putting both on the same time, same side)

I'm assuming you bought these unknowingly.....if the driver side is the same (cls rear, tls front) I would either get a matching set of front or back (depending on which you like more) and then sell the other two or go cls on driver side/tls passenger side (vice versa)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ACTUALLY THERE BOTH TLS WHEEL ONE SET IS 01 ANT THE OTHER IS 03 THE DIFFERENCE IS THE BACK ONES R 17*7 ANT THE FRONT R 17*6.5 SO I HAVE TO RUN THEM THAT WAY I DIDNT NOTICE IT TILL THE RIM GUY TOLD

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,726 Posts
ACTUALLY THERE BOTH TLS WHEEL ONE SET IS 01 ANT THE OTHER IS 03 THE DIFFERENCE IS THE BACK ONES R 17*6.5 ANT THE FRONT R 17*7 SO I HAVE TO RUN THEM THAT WAY I DIDNT NOTICE IT TILL THE RIM GUY TOLD
years shouldn't matter, any better pics?

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
the rears are definitely CL-S and the fronts are definitely TL-S

·
Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Mismatched for sure. Nice car though! CL-S in my sig.

Edit: What's worse than mismatched wheels is when people put directional wheels going opposite ways on the same side of a car... like the 87-90 coupe wheels, or the G1 3.2 TL wheels, or 5th gen Prelude wheels, or any kind of wheels that are supposed to be facing a particular direction. Gahh... total pet peeve. Okay, end rant ;).

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
Mismatched for sure. Nice car though! CL-S in my sig.

Edit: What's worse than mismatched wheels is when people put directional wheels going opposite ways on the same side of a car... like the 87-90 coupe wheels, or the G1 3.2 TL wheels, or 5th gen Prelude wheels, or any kind of wheels that are supposed to be facing a particular direction. Gahh... total pet peeve. Okay, end rant ;).
yeah..I had that problem when I bought my Saab (person b4 me had it like that)...and I wondered why the car shook like it wanted to explode.....

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
well the seller lied to you then. It's TL's on front and CL's on rear. There were no TL-S models in '01. TL-S started in 02 and carried on to '03. Then it went away and came back in '07 and '08.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
EITHER WAY...

the rims look nice..

when your rollin down the street people will just see the rims..

unless they really know they cant tell.

dont worry about it.. i like the rims regardless

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
and Teg GSR 96+ rims

people seem to not know how to put the rims on properly.
I know you're talking about the blades.. put it this way. all blades face one direction. so on one side of the car, it faces forward, the other side it faces backwards, they're not the opposite of each other like the g1 coupes or CRXs'. every picture you look at, blades face the same direction on each side. oh yea btw its 98+

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.