Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
Very nice Sushi! Car looks so **** clean! The drop really finishes off the look on the exterior and was just what you needed. Congrtatulations!

What stiffness settings did you use on the Konis? What did you do about the bumpstops? How about Camber? How is handling now?

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
yes sir, yes sir!!!!!! nice. Were bout is Rogers Ark. I used to live in little rock when I was a teen. I really miss the green trees and grass out there. But not the mosquitoes. ;)

·
Registered
799 Posts
suhWEEEETTTTT!!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
SushiLicious said:
Well I finally got a hold of a digital camera to get my new pictures up. What I have is 17" Voxx Argus (I used to have Tantrums) and Koni/Eibach. I tried to get a picture of how low I got, but not sure if it's properly presented in the pictures. Oh and the Koni's are on the lowest perch.

Before:

http://members.aol.com/sushilicious/meet

After:

http://members.aol.com/sushilicious/drop
what kinda tinting is that? i gotta give you props man... thats one clean looking legend.

-brandon

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of compliments.

CakeDaddy:

Rogers is in Northwest Arkansas

SpeedDemon:

I have the Koni's at factory settings (I think 1/4 turn), bumpstops cut 1/2 on the front only...Long story, but it handles GREAT!!!! I took it out today to finally try them out and WOW. It rides like stock since having the bump stops cut. It's funny though, I wonder how much softer it would be if I had the rears cut as well. As for the Camber? The rears are at -2 degrees and the fronts are at zero. I bought the Ingalls kit (not the ball joint replacement, but the other kit with the rubber bushings. I have a little bit of squeek but not bad).

Darkstar:

I have 20% 3M smoke tint all the way around (well except the windshield). 20 on back and 30 on front is legal in Arkansas, but the tint shop hooked me up :D.

I go to Vegas this coming weekend and after that I'm getting some Brembo Cross Drilled and probably EBC greenstuff pads for the fronts...I"m keeping the rears stock. And if I have enough dough left over, I'm going to go ahead and get the HID kit. Now I have to fix the picture in my signature.

·
Registered
760 Posts

thats it right there.... gotta live the sparkle off the L E G E N D! (that wasnt photoshoped was it? :) j/k) thats a killer ride... pretty much what mines gonna look like in about 6 months.

-brandon

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice rider!

I like the clean look! I like the wheels and the drop, as well as the tint. I went with 5 in the back and 20 in the sides... I had a G1 Legend with 5 all the way around; OUCH! Had to roll down the windows to see my side mirrors...

One question: What kind of side markers? Those are EXACTLY the style I have been looking for!

-Sh0ck3d

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Nice rider!

Sh0ck3d said:
I like the clean look! I like the wheels and the drop, as well as the tint. I went with 5 in the back and 20 in the sides... I had a G1 Legend with 5 all the way around; OUCH! Had to roll down the windows to see my side mirrors...

One question: What kind of side markers? Those are EXACTLY the style I have been looking for!

-Sh0ck3d
I have '98 BMW 3 Series side markers. There is another member on the board that has them, but he molded them into the mouldings. I believe it's LegendGS, but can't remember, his looks cleaner than mine does.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
what is your drop ?

like 1.5 ?

thanX u got to be a pimp daddy in your town lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL...Pimp daddy? nah, but I do get alot of looks. I have no clue how much drop I have. But in the back, before I could put in 3 fingers and now I can't get in any, as the rear is tucked and the front, before I could put almost 5 fingers in and now I can barely get two. So I would say in the rear I got a little more than 2" and in the front I got almost 2". It's nice now, I really love the look.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
look sweet

i like the rims and the drop make your car look tight
is drive diffirend after lowering car about 2 inch ?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Looking good man! What size and offset are those wheels they look soo good I might look into those myself ;)

G

·
So did you have the bump stops cut while the shocks and springs were put on or did you have it done all at once. I'm wondering because I wanted to know if you could compare with bumpstops cut and uncut.

I noticed a huge difference when I did it on mine, but when I did it I also adjusted my konis from full stiff to 1/2 from full soft so that contributed to the softer ride as well. Before when it was full stiff with full bump stops it was just way way to stiff and I had tons of understeer, plus at the time my camber was way off and alignment as well so I was kinda sliding because of that anyways.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JKurl:

I have 17x7 Voxx Argus from Discount Tire. They weren't too expensive, I had the Tantrums, but it seems alot of people have that wheel so I wanted something else. Oh, they are +45mm offset. I also have Dunlop Sport 9000's on there, which was a switch from the Pirelli Supersport 7000's that I had on there before, and WOW is all I can say. Much more quiet and handling in the rain is good too. BUT, these are softer tires and I expect to have to replace them sooner.

SpeedDemon:

First I had the koni/eibach installed and drove for 1 week, I then had the camber kit installed and alignment done. I drove it for another week and a half, drove to Dallas even (5 hours) and the ride was as rough as hell. The bumpstops were not cut. For the most part it rode okay around here (NW Arkansas), but in Dallas where the roads are worse than they are here, the ride was bouncy, choppy, and downright rough.

I got home and called my mechanic, told him that he needed to cut the bumpstops. Took it into the shop and they only did the fronts (bumpstops were cut in half), I was like WTF!!! Anyway, so I was like okay, let's see if it rides any different, and voila, it now rides close to stock. It's a little more rough, but I attribute that to the higher rate springs and stiffer struts. I'm pretty happy with the ride now, I've taken it over some rough roads and no bumpy ride now, it's much softer. But the true test will be when I take it to Dallas again and drive those roads. The Koni's are at the factory setting (1/4 - 1/2 turn, I'm not sure, but I like the ride now).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bao, your drop is awesome. I have to get the Koni's now to complete mine. Still haven't got the Tantrums on, probably will get some new tires in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Leon and Jake. I really like the way it sits now too :D.

Hey Jake, I'll have to bring over my car in a few weeks and show you. I really like the drop :D.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Re: Re: Nice rider!

SushiLicious said:

I have '98 BMW 3 Series side markers. There is another member on the board that has them, but he molded them into the mouldings. I believe it's LegendGS, but can't remember, his looks cleaner than mine does.
Yes, that is LegendGS...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.