Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some today after washing it. I havn't polished it since last summer and it really needs badly, although most of you would think not. Hoping to get rims soon.

Enjoy.

G

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Lucky !!!!! :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
Niiiiice!!!, I can see my reflection off of your car through my computer, see there on the left side, there I am with my laptop :D , It took Me 41/2 hours yesterday to get a shine like that.

Wash-->clay bar--->sealer galze-->wax.

btw, is that an XM Or Sirius antenna?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
what color is your car looks sweet

(i thinking about pinting my car and i didn't decide on with color )

·
Registered
393 Posts
<~ jealous.
Very nice, sir, very nice. Congrats. One of the lucky few with a 6 speed. :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys.

I'm still waiting for a warm day to do my Finish First treatment on it, but I'm also thinking of trying Zaino product line this season.

Leon, I'm actually thinking of getting a polished set of wheels, perhaps the Racing Hart CP-035R which I really like.

Racing Hart CP-035R Picture

I also love the 3-piece Racing Hart M6, so it's a tough choice.

Racing Hart M6 3-piece Picture

Armayo, I don't know what antena is that, it's not a real working antenna though. (now don't start shouting Rice now guys!). My tints before when I bought the car had a hole on the rear window up top there so I wanted to hide the hole and stuck this antenna I bought from some car shop which I picked up for $20, and covered the hole. Since then I put new tints but I really like the look of that antenna, looks very similar to the new Benz and BMW antenna on their S class or 7 series.

DJPolak, the color is called "black pearl" i believe. I don't remember the colour code but if you need I can get it for you.

G

G

·
That's the same style antenna I want to put on my Coupe. I plan on shaving off the old antenna an getting a (Fubu Antenna) I think that's what it's called... The type VW's and the BMW's use...

Also thinking about shaving my water nozzels on my hood and putting them under the hood.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
its ok i just looking for a nice color for my L sedan and yours is nice i don't want just Black i wand somethign dark like dark blu or some kind of balck
ThanX

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm slightly changing the colour of my car since it is going to be re-painted after the vandilism to the paint it experienced Saturday night.

I'm going to stay with black, but I'm giong to paint it the BMW M3 Carbon Black, it's almost like a frosty black colour. I've seen it on M3s and it looks sweet.

G

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
so how much is like avarage paint job ?
and how much will cost u the BMW paint job ?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not too sure on prices that much as the insurance company said due to the damage they'll most likely repaint the entire car.

A good paint job is about $1800 US, but the place I"m taking my car to is a little more expensive as he's one of the best in town and does excellent work. Usually he charges $3000 US for a paint job but he'll take off all your trims, lights, etc. He'll seperately paint each part he can detatch (he'll take off the hood, trunk, doors, etc) and make the car look better than stock.

He does alot of work on Ferrari, Porchse, Benz, Bently, etc. He worked on my friend's 94 Supra who had his driver's door smashed in, you cannot even tell the car had an accident or the difference between the new paint on the door and the rest of the car.

I"ll pay the difference between what the insurance will give and what he charges just to get an amazing job done.

G

·
Registered
614 Posts
theGodfather said:
I'm not too sure on prices that much as the insurance company said due to the damage they'll most likely repaint the entire car.

A good paint job is about $1800 US, but the place I"m taking my car to is a little more expensive as he's one of the best in town and does excellent work. Usually he charges $3000 US for a paint job but he'll take off all your trims, lights, etc. He'll seperately paint each part he can detatch (he'll take off the hood, trunk, doors, etc) and make the car look better than stock.

He does alot of work on Ferrari, Porchse, Benz, Bently, etc. He worked on my friend's 94 Supra who had his driver's door smashed in, you cannot even tell the car had an accident or the difference between the new paint on the door and the rest of the car.

I"ll pay the difference between what the insurance will give and what he charges just to get an amazing job done.

G
I would definately pay the premium for the better paint job. If your gonna do it, better do it right the first time. And you cant go wrong if you buy the best stuff the first time around. Thats what i live by when i fix up my legend. nothing but the best for my baby.
Oh nice coupe by the way. As for the rims.. go with the 3pc m6, 3pc just looks soo much better. late

1 - 15 of 15 Posts