Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I am not planning on getting a new set right away, I am thinking about it for next year. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on the new Konig Tantrum 2, 3 piece rims? Does anyone know what offsets they have, and how much they cost? All the places state to call for prices and fitement, even the Konig website. I don't really want to call right now since it will be a long distance call and I am not ready to buy for another 8 months or so.

Also, anyone have any info on the SSR GT3 3 piece rims? Same info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
ChrisK said:
While I am not planning on getting a new set right away, I am thinking about it for next year. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on the new Konig Tantrum 2, 3 piece rims? Does anyone know what offsets they have, and how much they cost? All the places state to call for prices and fitement, even the Konig website. I don't really want to call right now since it will be a long distance call and I am not ready to buy for another 8 months or so.

Also, anyone have any info on the SSR GT3 3 piece rims? Same info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris
17" Tantrums are +40mm, and 18" tantrums are +45mm
I'm not sure how much they cost now, all I know is 17" 1-peice are about $200 per rim.

I'm not sure about SSR GT3s, I know that SSR GT1s are really nice, 17lbs for 18inch. $400 per rim

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
can anyone post pics of those? and i also want info on the tantrum 2's if anyone can find out about them...................
Here is the picture. I know WhiteLegend posted the offsets on the Tantrums, but does anyone know if the 3 piece Tantrum 2 follows the same offsets? Also, I am interested in the 18" and 19" rims :) Anyone have prices yet?

Also, while I don't mind other people getting these rims if they like the look, just remember I was among the first to mention it, so don't call me a biter if I do get them later on :D I'm leaning heavily toward these rims for one of my two cars.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
and also the weight too................and what are the advantages and disadvantages of 3 piece rims as compared to 1 or 2 piece rims???
weight, strength???

i think if u call konig u can get the price..............i dont think the website tells u................ www.konigwheels.com

thanks anyone who can help........

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Chris, I have the SSR GT1s in 18X7.5 and they are a great wheel for the price. Available in +45 from tire rack. I would expect the GT3s to be available in similar offset (if not even better). BTW my GT1s weigh in at 18.5 lbs which is pretty good and they are strong mofos (thanks to their semi solid forging manufacturing process.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
You should have no problems with the SSR, they make literally hundreds of different size and offsets for any car applications, that's the beauty of 3-piece wheels.

Here's a tight shot of them on a E39.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Here ya go.

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:
BTW my GT1s weigh in at 18.5 lbs which is pretty good and they are strong mofos (thanks to their semi solid forging manufacturing process.
what's the difference between S.S.F. and regular forge?? Can someone explain to me, please??:D

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
and also the weight too................and what are the advantages and disadvantages of 3 piece rims as compared to 1 or 2 piece rims???
weight, strength???

i think if u call konig u can get the price..............i dont think the website tells u................ www.konigwheels.com

thanks anyone who can help........
anybody?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
For some, people like the looks of the 3 piece rims. That doesn't make it better though. In theory, a 3 piece rim can have the section that was damaged replaced rather than the entire rim. Also, generally, a 3 piece rim is usually reserved for the manufactururs high end rims, so the quality of the metals and proccess used is often better. Like forged alloys and such rather than cast metals. Often 3 piece rims have a larger veriety of offsets to choose from.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
ChrisK said:

Here is the picture. I know WhiteLegend posted the offsets on the Tantrums, but does anyone know if the 3 piece Tantrum 2 follows the same offsets? Also, I am interested in the 18" and 19" rims :) Anyone have prices yet?

Also, while I don't mind other people getting these rims if they like the look, just remember I was among the first to mention it, so don't call me a biter if I do get them later on :D I'm leaning heavily toward these rims for one of my two cars.
oooooooh weeeee!!! Um digging those like a grave!!!!! Can't wait to see them on your load. Chrome or Silver? :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

i like thouse look like giovanna thay sweet any one know if thay r chrome ?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
claus44 said:

what's the difference between S.S.F. and regular forge?? Can someone explain to me, please??:D
TireRack has a section on this: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/construc.htm

There are only TWO companies in the world that has SSF wheels, SSR (Speed Star Racing) and BBS. Probaly why these wheels are so pricey.
http://www.speedstar.co.jp/

I had a set of 18" SSR Evolution DeColte and they were very light, about as light as my stock 16"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts