Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i would make this my first post..

the day i got it

after i spent 5 hours cleaning it

Engine DIRRRRRTTTTTYYYY

After

Interior Before

After

I hate the wheels and i thinking that im going to go with some TL wheels or something along those lines...

the car has about 153,XXX
i need to be cleaning out the EGR tube and valve, its throwing a code, but not really affecting the performance.

·
ビップスタイ&#
618 Posts
Congrats, and Welcome! I spy you on AcuraZine already :)

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Thought i would make this my first post..

the day i got it

after i spent 5 hours cleaning it

Engine DIRRRRRTTTTTYYYY

After

Interior Before

After

I hate the wheels and i thinking that im going to go with some TL wheels or something along those lines...

the car has about 153,XXX
i need to be cleaning out the EGR tube and valve, its throwing a code, but not really affecting the performance.
a clogged EGR is gonna kill your mpg

I like how you've restored the interior and the engine bay. take care of that car!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what did you use to clean you engine bay like that? i am want to clean mine up badly myself.
I used a 1:1 mix of simple green and water, after i sprayed down the ENTIRE engine bay with it i used a power spray fitting on the hose... dont spend a lot of time on the electrical connections or near the alternator... after the cleaning was done i used some DRI (displaces water in electrical connections)electrical parts cleaner on the electrical connections and alt. start it up and let it evap.

done.

i have some small plans for the car

1. HID upgrade
2. Coilovers (k-sport) most likely
3. Acura TL Type-s A-Spec wheels
4. Exhaust (cat-back)
5. MAYBE a 99-04 front end and rear end... (if cash is permitting)

honestly if it wasnt for this forum and AcuraZine... i wouldnt have bought this car mainly 97 RLer and hnic were big influences in my acquisition of this car,
the shifter plate diy is done
next is the gauge LEDs
:bigok:

·
Ultimate DIYer
174 Posts
Group Buys: Ksport coilover for G2 Legend at $760 shipped!

I used a 1:1 mix of simple green and water, after i sprayed down the ENTIRE engine bay with it i used a power spray fitting on the hose... dont spend a lot of time on the electrical connections or near the alternator... after the cleaning was done i used some DRI (displaces water in electrical connections)electrical parts cleaner on the electrical connections and alt. start it up and let it evap.

done.

1. HID upgrade
4. Exhaust (cat-back)

honestly if it wasnt for this forum and AcuraZine... i wouldnt have bought this car mainly 97 RLer and hnic were big influences in my acquisition of this car,
next is the gauge LEDs
Check the "Group Buys" in the forum. emaculate91ls will start the 5th group buy for the G2 Legend Ksport coilovers at $760 shipped or below tonight.

Also check my thread about G2 Ksport coilovers fitting on G1 RL.

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbullet...ilover-owners-1st-gen-rls-120768/#post1252636

And also read my LED gauge conversion in the instrument panel.

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbullet...rl-instrument-guage-cluster-led-bulbs-117446/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i need to stop spending money on the car for the next few months... i will post pictures when i do new things

i think wheels are first

·
Banned
3,374 Posts

done.

1. HID upgrade
4. Exhaust (cat-back)

next is the gauge LEDs
yeah me for influencing a purchase!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome.. I'm new Legend User

Nice Clean RL.. This site got me modifying my legend a LOT too..
Been rainin all week or id do a wash myself

But My next Mods will be...

- Deff New Wheels... (Although a lot of Legend-owners on this site seem to be wearing the stock alloys very well)
- Add Cat-Back System
- Add New Intake

More pics coming soon.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome.. I'm new Legend User

Nice Clean RL.. This site got me modifying my legend a LOT too..
Been rainin all week or id do a wash myself

But My next Mods will be...

- Deff New Wheels... (Although a lot of Legend-owners on this site seem to be wearing the stock alloys very well)
- Add Cat-Back System
- Add New Intake

More pics coming soon.....
Ok first.. GS wheels are fucking sick... either keep them or sell them to someone on this site... who will love you for it!

second hnic... give me your front end... ok dont give... we can trade... your car is very clean!

and third, why did Honda decide to paint the shifter gate silver when it looooookkkksssss sooooooooo much better chrome?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts