Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed some new Koni shocks and sport springs on my 91 Sedan. The car has 145,000 miles and desperately needed new shocks. Now that I have replaced the springs and shocks the ride is MUCH better - firmer than stock but not harsh.

My only problem is that on really poor roads I notice that despite the new spings/shocks, the ride is still a bit clunky.

What else should I have replaced when doing the springs and shocks to get a like-new ride? should I have replaced any of the suspension bushings or bearings etc?

I need to know what I should replace and how much I should exect to pay for the parts and labour (ballpark)

If anyone has any advice for me please post it!

Thanks so much guys (and gals)!

Regards,
Dave

G

·
My thoughts exactly. How much would new bushings be and where would I get them from? Are there performance polyurethane ones? What exactly do bushings do for suspension? How do I know if I could benefit from new ones.

I really wish that we could find someone to make a whole kit for our cars with front and rear strut tower bars, front and rear anti sway bars and rear tie bar. Our cars would handle so well it would be amazing :). It would cost a lot but I think that it would be worth it since for what I need my legend for its plenty fast enough really. I just want to enjoy it more and the only things that I think I will benefit from right now are more handling upgrades and converting to a 6 speed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just replaced my lower and upper ball joints. Man my car is so much better now. My car has over 200000 miles though both sides where crap. I don't know how much this would help you as mine where so bad that they where squeeking as i was going down the road and could lift the tire about 2 inches if on a hydralic lift. If they've never been replaced I would check them. The lower ones where 43.00 a peice I had big-a price match auto zone. Then I took the steering hubs and took them to midas to have them press out and in the new ball joints for 5 bucks a Joint. Then I ordered the upper joints from Auto Zone for 30 something a peice.(really hate autozone but was the only place that would sell only the upper joints w/o the control arm.) Since I did this man WOW. My car makes 10 x less road noise, goes over bumps much better, and I'm sure will help my tire life. The upper are easier to change as the steering hub can stay on.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
hey man i noticed my car also squeaks when cruising at speeds around 30-40 when just coasting............not hitting the brake or accelerating, but just coasting at those speeds..............i hear a rapid squeaking coming from the direction of my driver side front wheel.....................if i press the brakes or gas then i cant hear the sound anymore...............i have no idea what this is.....................does anybody have an idea???

·
Registered
168 Posts
only thing i can think of is the plastic thing behind wheel hub is rubbing pull it back a little. The brakes which i doubt by what you say only when coasting, the axle or ball joints. Does it get extra loud when going into turn. i.e. turning left and hearing nothing when turning right or vice-versa.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you lowered your car in the midst of buying the new parts I would highly recommend a camber kit even if you dont think you need it.... the small investment of 180 bucks or so is small cookies when you compare to the price of having to replace all 4 tires due to drastic inner tread wear... Also have an alignment done

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts