Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm really proud of myself! I successfully installed new front speakers and covers. I was a little nervous, but after talking to StevieRay, I went for it. By the way, SR, thanks for your help and advice! Here are my pics....

Before...

After...

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the scuff marks off my doors?

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about trying the magic eraser. I got the covers at the dealership. $63 a piece.

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
holy crap $63 for a speaker cover? you could rewrap them for like $5 using better material.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Looks great!!! +1 on magic eraser for scuffs. I need to work on recovering my grills in black when I replace the speaker!

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
holy crap $63 for a speaker cover? you could rewrap them for like $5 using better material.
I would have done that, but I really wanted the original look. It was a b-day present to myself ; )

very nice....so what are u gonna do with the old covers???
I've already donated them to an a-l member. Sorry :(

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pretty work, Jen. I knew you could do it. Magic Eraser for those scuff marks and you're good to go.
Thanks to your advice and my helm manual it was very easy! I'm really proud because it's the first work I've done on my own! Better watch out now, ha! Oh, and come to find out the wires were just loose on that passenger side and the speaker was good, but I do need a new tweeter (that's what I'm guessing) So another lucky member got an organ donation from me :giggle:

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Thanks to your advice and my helm manual it was very easy! I'm really proud because it's the first work I've done on my own! Better watch out now, ha! Oh, and come to find out the wires were just loose on that passenger side and the speaker was good, but I do need a new tweeter (that's what I'm guessing) So another lucky member got an organ donation from me :giggle:
Hit me up if you need a new tweet. I've got a spare I'll let you have for $10. Also, if you've got an LS, where's your Courtesy Light switch? It should be on the left side of your underdash panel---yours looks like it's got tape over it or something.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hit me up if you need a new tweet. I've got a spare I'll let you have for $10. Also, if you've got an LS, where's your Courtesy Light switch? It should be on the left side of your underdash panel---yours looks like it's got tape over it or something.
I'll take that tweet for sure. I have an L so there is just a plastic piece where the courtesy light switch would be.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice job on the speaker cover install. Why is the leather on your driver front seat so wrinkled and loose?
Because it's a cover. It's the only thing that I could find here that looked pretty close to my seat. I plan on reupholstering the front seats. The drivers seat has a tear and the passenger seat leather is hard.

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
VERY nice YMI...it's great when you can pull off repairs on your own, looks great! umm, but do you have enough things hanging from your rear view mirror? :) makes me think of Mardi Gras...lol

I see some JDM scuff plates in your future!

eBay Motors: JDM HONDA LEGEND KA7 SCUFF KICK PLATES COMPLETE OEM (item 370015485999 end time Apr-18-08 23:00:04 PDT)
Thanks! I have way too much shit on my mirror! As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to go out there and take it down. It just seems to collect there! I took the magic eraser to my doors and you wouldn't believe the difference omg! Those scuff plates are nice, I may have to think about that. I've got some smoked tails coming and that may be the last thing for a while, I'm in at 5k already this year! That is one damn expensive used car, lol, but I luv 'er!

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks good!

SR you getting old? LS come with burled wood, not the L plastics. :p thats a easy spot....:D
But guess what though, everyone has told me L's don't have tweets and mine does!

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
But guess what though, everyone has told me L's don't have tweets and mine does!
i thought they all had tweeters. my L parts coupe had front and rear tweeters, i never looked on my L sedan if it has tweeters, i but i think i saw tweeters.

I think the tweeters added in 93 to all models

1 - 20 of 25 Posts