Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has changed the speakers on the stock BOSE system. If so, what did u do and how did it turn out?

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Leon Millette said:
I replaced the door speakers in my LS sedan with some JBL's and they sound great.
So, there are no issues with aftermarket front and rear speaker (Kenwood,Alpine,MB Q's,etc...) on the factoryBose head unit. Some installer told me that they wouldn't not work. I'd have to get an entire new setup. He said, "New Speakers,Deck, Amp.

I said,"Damn!!!" not sure bought that<---- under my breathe

Not true huh!!!

Question: {For anyone}

What aftermarkert speakers sound the best with the OEM Bose Head Unit and Amp? Now I've heard of issues with the ohm rating and some aftermarket speakers will not sound good due to the ohm setting, so I need to know what works. Also, I have a G2 Ls Coupe and if I'm not mistaken all the speakers are amp'ed.

is that correct?:confused:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yeah, speakers

Hi all

I have the same Qs

I have a 93 LS Coupe with the stock Bose system.

Need to change the speakers, especially the rear ones. Could somebody please help. Prices ? Choices ? How to ? Or should I go to one of those Swap shops & get em done ?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Any 4ohm aftermarket speakers will work on the LS system, even though the LS uses 1-2ohm system.

The only problem would be that your new speakers will only run at 1/2 power. So you will have to turn the volume higher to listen to the same level as before. Now since the audio band is not a linear line, the sound might be distorted at certain volumes.

Also this depends on what kind of aftermarket speakers you get as well. While I can't say for all speakers, I know that sony speakers will sound distorted and infinity will not. That's the only 2 brands I've tried.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WhiteLegend

Will the aftermarket speakers still be distorted if I put in a seperate amp to boost the sound from 2 ohms to posibilly 4?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Cakedaddy, Q for u

Hi Cakedaddy

Whats my other option ? Cant I put in 2 ohm speakers or do I have to replace a lot of stuff for that ?

Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
aren't their several threads about this already?

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Re: Cakedaddy, Q for u

vrb747 said:
Hi Cakedaddy

Whats my other option ? Cant I put in 2 ohm speakers or do I have to replace a lot of stuff for that ?

Thanks
vrb747,

You know, after reading all of this I may go ahead and replace my whole system. I've heard nothing positive about a stock head unit on aftermarket speakers. So I may just replace the whole setup, amp, head unit, speakers,etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts