Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, everything has been installed and the ride height seems to have leveled off after about a week. Just a note to anyone who is planning on putting stiffer springs/shocks on, your ride comfert will most likely suffer noise and stiffness-wise. At least with Bilstein HD's, they don't weld the springs cups on, so I've experienced some clacking noise when driving over harsh bumps and cracks as the spring, cup, and shock move around a little. The ride isn't as floaty, but, all in all this is sacrificed with a HUGE improvement in control of the car. You'll find yourself driving a lot harder and faster (espicially on curving roads!)...btw I still have to get a new alignment.

Overall, it doesn't feel like luxury anymore, but it's 10x as fun to drive.:D

AND YES I'LL POST PICS IN THE GALLERY SOON!

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Good to hear that u like it.

Esti

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Esti.

well, I just returned from the alignment shop. currently, my front camber is -1.85 left and -2.22 right. the toe-in is .01. Well, as you can see this could lead to pretty bad cupping and inner tread wear. Looks like I'll be rotating front to back every 2k miles...damn. They said since there isn't a camber kit, they can only adjust my toe.

How did your alignment specs turn out? I remember you saying your mechanic got it back to specs (-1.00 to +1.00 for the front camber).

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I didn't get any numbers like u did- but my mechanic said that he got the alignment done to spec.

Just to be on the safe side I'm going to keep an eye on it. The last thing I want is to ruin my new tires.

Anyway I'm going to remove my rear springs this weekend b/c the tires are really scrapeing after I got my new tires. I'm currently driving around with my 17's in the front and stocks in the rear. It looks funny but not too bad.
The car will probably look more even with rear stock springs. Not sure what it's going to do to it's performance with this set up- But I'll try and see. I don't anticipate any problems.
Have u noticed that the rear sits lower then the back. For some reason it looks worse with my 17's on. I let my friend drive my car as I followed in another and the car just looked as if the rear end was weighted down, (I guess it's all a matter of taste).

Esti

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, if your front camber is visablly leaning by just glancing at it, it's prob around 2 degrees negative. If it isn't noticable by a glance, your mechanic got it just right in spec.

This is going to sound strange, but my front and rear fender gaps are EXACTLY the same! It's around a 2-3 finger gap front and back. Actually, the rear might be a little higher than the front and I kind of hope it'll stay like this. I'll post pics this weekend so you can see for yourself. I've heard of this problem before with Eibach's, maybe this will happen to me if the rears end up settling more (it's been a little more than a week).

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I could be the spring/shock combo.

I've read that the bilsteins raises the car back up a little.

G

·
The clanking that you speak of is probably the upper control arm hitting the inside of the wheel well. I only get this in my lowered G2 when I go over a huge pothole while turning. I can only think of one place where it happens. Other than that I drive my car just about as hard as possible (lowered 2" on koni's and eibach's).

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the reply Speed D. My mechanic suggested it was the spring cup clanking around since the Bilstein shocks don't come with it welded on.

It's only the driver's side front thats making the noise, I also noticed the driver's side strut comes up and mounts a little higher up in the engine bay. The amount of bolt sticking up is about 2 cm higher with this strut...since I didn't do the install, I'm not really sure of what is exactly going wrong. The handling has been good, so I'm doubting the parts are wrong or blown. Its just this awful TUMP/CLANK over sharp bumps.:confused:

·
Registered
846 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
>>>My mechanic suggested it was the spring cup clanking around since the Bilstein shocks don't come with it welded on.<<<

That was my concern when looking at Bilsteins. Tokicos KYB have a beefy looking support that I'm sure is welded on tight.

I will not be getting Bilsteins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts