Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a problem with my drivers seat and I can't find an answer for it. My seat leans towards the center of the car and therefore is some what uncomfortable to sit in. all the electronic controls for the seat work. I don't want to just tear into the seat with out some direction first as to how to fix this. I have a 1991 legend L.

·
Registered
643 Posts
hmm that is akward.... the first thing i would do is check all 4 corners of the seat and find the bolts and make sure all the bolts holding the seat down are ok (ie no bolts missing.... maybe sombody put a spacer on one side?) the bolts may be covered by plastic covers which can be removed to expose the mounting surfaces of the seat

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Here is a link to the Seat Removal section of the Legend G2 Online Service Manual. I have used this manual for many 1st time endeavors with my car. The pictures print a little nicer than they look on the screen. Acura Legend Online Service Manual (Page: 0805)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your guidance and I don't think the car was in an accident as it has a clean carfax history. But who knows.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Could very well be that the seat was in a car that was in an accident, my new parts car has been hit on the drivers side and the top part of the seat has been bent toward the middle of the car. If you find that is the problem, then you will most likely need a new one of these (pic). It connects the seat top to the bottom on the drivers side.

Motor Assy, Seat Back

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that could be. I was looking at it today and I noticed that the seat will also rock back and forth a bit. I noticed this while I was driving and breaking sometimes the seat would move. I am big guy so it didn't do it all the time but I could move it freely by pushing back and forth. Not sure if it is the same problem.

·
FIXER
1,717 Posts
Could be the dreaded "Gangsta Lean". Have you loaned your car to any "shady" characters lately? JK:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts