Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2004 TL wheels. Tires are brand new 235/45/17 "Essenza Type R."

These wheels are not my favorite, style-wise, BUT I am absolutely thrilled with them for four reasons:

1) They were free :). My brother runs a wheel/tire shop and had these in back room storage for several months. I was in there one day and asked if I could have them. All I had to pay for was the machining (paid $150). Can't beat that price for a new set of tires AND wheels! They do have some curbage, but hey for winter wheels I can't complain.

2) Ride performance is incredible! Now I understand what Pontiac meant with its ad campaign "Wider Is Better." All I can say is wow - these tires are meaty, and there is a whole different driving feel while having 8" of rubber on the road. I am so glad to ditch my Falken Ziex 512's. They were a headache since Day One, IMO.

3) They do NOT RUB! (On my stock suspension anyway) I tried everything - going up my steep, angled driveway, having a load in the back (my RSX wheels), cornering, everything. They just will not rub.

4) My speedometer is actually accurate now. Have a look at the following snapshot from the tire size calculator. I wish I had a comparison pic so that you could see the difference in overall diameter between these and my old 215/45/17's. It's a huge difference. According to the wheel size calculator, those tires were throwing off my speedometer by nearly 3%! -- In other words, when my odometer said that I had driven with those tires for 20,000 miles, I had really only driven on them about 19,500. Interesting. Now with these big tires, as compared to the stock GS tires (215/55/16) the difference in overall diameter is LESS THAN 1%. Yay!

On to the pics... And be advised, some of these are "repeat backdrops" that you may have seen before. Sorry, I didn't have time to drive 400 miles for the pics this time :giggle:...

The cavernous trunk... Three of my four RSX wheels in there. (And no rubbing with the weight):

Extreme tuckage. Again, no part of the tire is touching my fender lip here.

Still haven't had time to install my EDM corners I bought from TYPEII. Maybe in the next photo shoot round.

Current mileage: 195,850. I'm getting closer!!!

And please don't ban me because this is my second Gallery post in a month! :giggle:

· Registered
876 Posts
do they stick out any in the front? They look pretty good on the legend... but that car makes anything look good!! :giggle:

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blue_Raspberry said:
What happened to the LS wheels?
I still have 'em. I could use those as winter wheels, but they're in really good shape too so I hate to do that in case something happens. Couldn't pass up the chance to get these anyway. So, now I have three sets of rims... LS/GS with good tires, RSX with bad tires, and these. The TL's are fifth wheels I've had on the car so far :D. Gotta change it up now and then. lol

misdeismo said:
do they stick out any in the front?
A little bit but not bad at all. I actually like it. It actually looks like there's some "meat" on them, whereas with my 215/45's I felt like I was riding on pizza cutters.

Thx all!

· Registered
4,086 Posts
k

I am going to go outside and kill myself......

everytime tyson...everytime....i can't stand it...it just gets better. U know i said i love the IS rims...then i said man i wish i could get some TL rims off a 04' ...so i buy mine and boom ....u get yours. arg...............

i say u hook a brother up on dim rimz. My offset is to much and well....rock chips...plus the tuckage is sweet. :werd:

click click.............................bang. :eek:

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
Wow, that looks hot. If your brother ever gets another extra set of TL wheels, let me know :D

· Registered
1,491 Posts
Man, those look nice.

It's hard to believe that you're almost at 200k miles. Car looks like it just came off the assembly line, minus the TL rims. :D

Someone at Acura needs to see this car and write an article of some sort.

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
stick said:
any pics with a straight on shot of the rear?
As requested...

And a shot I took this morning on the freeway...

Drove back to college today with the TL's for 450 miles. The tires are amazingly quiet for their size.

mondonalds said:
Wow, that looks hot. If your brother ever gets another extra set of TL wheels, let me know
Actually, Jason, my brother had TWO sets so there is still one available. I've had it for sale here for awhile -- @ $400, but nobody wants it. I'm sure he'd go even lower, considering he was willing to GIVE me my set. Somebody ought to pick them up! The FS thread:

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73638

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.