Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a newbie to the whole car thing, let alone the whole body kit thing.

im thinking about ordering this kit and having a friend install it for me (he works at a performance/body shop), but i dont know about the front air damn. ive made this graphic to illustrate what I think the kit comes with (the side skirts and rear bumper and pretty straight forward, but the front bumper is in question). would i get everything thats outlined for the front bumper?

ignore the green things, im assuming theres a "panel" that can be removed and the turn signals installed in their place.

im sure youve all seen the original picture, but ill include it for reference:

thanks for your guys/gals help.

-brandon

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yea, I'm pretty sure that in that particular kit you get the entire front bumper replaced.

-GR

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks to me like it is a full front bumper replacement. Be aware though, that the side skirts in that particualr picture is Erebuni and not Andy's Autosport. Only the front and rear bumper in that picture is Andy's Autosport. To see Andy's side skirts click here: http://www.andysautosport.com/acura_legend.html.
ok, i knew that but i guess it sounded like i didnt.

thanks guys for the input, what do you guys think about the turn signal lights? do you think those ARE removable panels? in this case Donny (the guy who owns the car) DOESNT have his turn signals installed, im assuming you can just take out that panel and insert the lights like you would do on an original bumper.

-brandon

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes, you can take out the panel and insert the lights like you would do on an original bumper. I'm almost positive that Donny is using his bumper lights in that picture, they're just smoked out like the strip he has smoked out on his tailights.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok... how about this kit?

on this paticular kit do you think the whole front bumper is replaced, or is it just a lower add-on for the factory air dam?

what are some signs of a replacement bumper? id say cost, if the front bumper alone is $200+ then its probably a whole new bumper. does this generally apply?

the reason im asking about this is because when i DO get a body kit i NEED to get the front bumper replaced, the previous owner of my car didnt park carefully so the whole front bumper can move up and down about 2" (because its soo loose), its not going to fall off though, so me getting an add-on to the factory bumper is kinda pointless seeing as how the original one is broken soo much. i guess my best bet would be to call up the body kit company(s) and ask them EXACTLY what id get, whether the WHOLE front bumper is replaced or not.

thanks again guys!

-brandon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts