Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just today bought my first Legend, an 87 coupe. Now I am looking to get a CD deck & some speakers, & an alarm with remote door locks & trunk.( would go for more features like car start too but I have a 5 spd. Remote windows or sun roof is cool too).

I would prefer a high powered deck (possibly pioneer (dunno))so as not to go overbaord as funds are tight now, no idea on what I will need for speakers though (sizes or brands)

As for the alarm , I am totally open to suggestions. no idea at all in that area.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated though.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Welcome aboard:) another Calgarian on the list...

Anyways, when I changed the system around in my 91 sedan I went with a Pioneer Deck (best decks I have ever owned by far, that was #3), JBL 6x9, 6.5, and an alpine 10" type S sub with a clarion amp.

I would suggest for speakers- These are in my 93 coupe
Kicker (Visions)
JL (A+B SOund, Soundsaround)
JBL (A+B)
Alpine (A+B)
Infinity (Future shop.... only if you want to pay a rape price)

As for the alarm, you can get a remote start/keyless entry/alarm combo from Zeibart for around $400, for a manual tranny. I am actually on my way out the door right now to Zeibart and I will look at some systems for you.

The one I have in my coupe is a compustar or something, and they sell them at A+B sound for around $500..... really cool unit

I will see what I can find:)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I just got back from zeibart, and they have a remote start/alarm combo that starts at 499.99 installed.... regular alarms are starting from 249.99.

the 499.99 one though has the arm/disarm feature, remote start, alarm, and you can hook up keyless entry and auto trunk.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It sure is nice to see someone else from Cowtown on here. I have a few questions for ya.

-Where is a good place to have work done on an Acura ( hoping you know some where a little more reasonable than Silverhill).

_ if you ever need parts is there any where else in town to get them?

-$500 might be a little steep for an alarm so soon after buying the car, so maybe justa nice alarm with remote locks & trunk will suffice. It is a tough choice though as remote start sure is nice to have when it is -30 out there. Do any other places sell quality alarms around town? Does Zeibart's prices include install?

As for the stereo I am thinking aloing the lines of just getting a nice pioneer head unit & some good speakers , no sub. The selection I have seen in town so far has been okay but way overpriced. I will have to look a little closer next week.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I cant stand silverhill or northwest for that matter... I have a mechanic that I go to just off of blackfoot trail called camber automotive. He is a very honest mechanic, and is a perfectionist at that.... a great crew in there and they have been good to me and my three cars over the past three years. He actually did my Head Gasket on my 91 sedan.... quite the job. But that is really the only person I trust my vehicles with.

For parts, I try to go with Acura stuff when I can afford it, but A-1 honda has alot of stuff, and Part Source, and Auto Value do as well. I prefer Auto Value for low $$$ and an equaly warrantied product.

As for your alarm, I know its a hard choice to make after you just shelled out $$$ for a car. But, you gotta remember that if you get an alarm, and you want to add a remote starter, you are screwed if you dont buy a compatible system. This is what I would do if I had a small budget. The price I gave you from Zeibart was an alarm/remote start brain (computer unit) unit installed ($499). Now you can get that same brain installed, but only get them to hook up the alarm for now for only $299. Now when it gets to next november and its getting cold again, you can walk in there with that extra $200 and tell them to hook up the remote start function on it. This way, a cheap alarm does not become obselete because you want an extra feature.

That is my opinion on your situation.... it leaves you room to upgrade when you get the $$$$.

When you get your stereo, if you want the best price, follow my instructions exactly..... Go to Soundsaround on Macleod Trail south near Chinook center and go to your car audio dept. You will be swarmed with salesman immediatly, but talk to no one other than Feroz, he is an older fellow that will call you brother every second word..... you cannot miss him. If you dont see him, ask for Ferocious... that is what he is called. He will knock down the already fairly low price, and most of their stuff is really competetive with A+B. Offer him lower, and he will do it for you most of the time... but you have to play him and say stuff like "I am going to go to future shop and check them out" or something.

Also, their prices include installation as well... not too bad. Good Luck:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for the help. Never really thought of Zeibart as a place to get an alarm but after thinking about it, I probaly will just go for the whole $500 now & get it over with( they do window tinting too so I think I might get it all done there then). Unless I find something competitive at A&B or Soundsaround.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Customer service there is really good.... as for the tint, get in line man..... I was told last week it would be two weeks, and today I was told it would be two months. Their head tinter is travelling around North America training the other zeibart locations on how to. I might go to shadow tinting on Macleod Trail near the husky station.... they did a good job on my sedan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts