Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have 92 legend for about 1 year but had it was in the family for about 5 years. Everything work fine intill this winter. I was noticing that my car needed to go at higher RPM to catch gears to go, i really didnt notice it because i thought it was the ice/snow. I haven't drove it in a month and it still does the same thing, but worst. I have to rev up to 5k RPM and FINALLY it would catch gear and jerk a lil bit and go for a lil bit and wont do nothing and i would press on the gas and it would act like iam in nutural, but everytime i turn it off and on it would work. Everyone i have ask says different things it could be but hopefully you guys would know and understand what iam talking about. Hoepfully its only a Trans flush.:confused:

·
Ultimate DIYer
174 Posts
You wrote a thread in wrong place. This must go in the 2nd-gen Legend forum. Anyway, it sounds like your transmission need to be replaced. If you have a manual transmission, the clutch assembly may need to be replaced.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have some questions to keep this thread meaningful. Automatic transmissions are pretty rare in Europe so many people propagate various misinformations about them. Now I'm not sure if it is possible to switch to the N while driving (like with a manual transmision). Some people here say it is not good.

The second question: The motor is turning faster than the transmission input, some energy is lost in the hydrodynamic torque converter. Should I be affraid that it can overheat in higher speed ?

·
Toronto Legends
184 Posts
i'm having the exact same problem. it happened today. i was driving at about 70km/h then all of a sudden my revs went to 4k, and the spedo showed 100 km/h but i was slowing down. i stopped to see whats going on. i can shift to all gears and my lights turns accordingly but when i change to 'P', i hear a grinding noise from under the shifter. the car revs liek its in neutral but does not catch onto any gears. the engine is fine. recently the car reved a little higher than usual so shift gears. i've been getting some erratic revs recently though, dont know if that is related. i need your help guys, my baby is sitting out there somewhere in the cold in some random parking lot. this is not good. please, give me some input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts