Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have 92 legend for about 1 year but had it was in the family for about 5 years. Everything work fine intill this winter. I was noticing that my car needed to go at higher RPM to catch gears to go, i really didnt notice it because i thought it was the ice/snow. I haven't drove it in a month and it still does the same thing, but worst. I have to rev up to 5k RPM and FINALLY it would catch gear and jerk a lil bit and go for a lil bit and wont do nothing and i would press on the gas and it would act like iam in nutural, but everytime i turn it off and on it would work. Everyone i have ask says different things it could be but hopefully you guys would know and understand what iam talking about. Hoepfully its only a Trans flush.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seems to me ur tranny is shot. I had this problem with another car I had some time ago, only went into first gear and that was it. Just to keep hope alive u could check ur ATF level cos if thats low u will experience this too.

Good luck!

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Sounds like old transmission fluid which has resulted in varnish buildup which is keeping the torque converter from locking up. Go get 9 quarts of Honda ATF, drain the tranny and refill. Drive 500 miles, drain again & refill. Drive 500 MORE miles, drain & refill for the last time. New ATF has a high detergent factor and should clean out all of the varnish and let the transmission shift as designed

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
So i have 92 legend for about 1 year but had it was in the family for about 5 years. Everything work fine intill this winter. I was noticing that my car needed to go at higher RPM to catch gears to go, i really didnt notice it because i thought it was the ice/snow. I haven't drove it in a month and it still does the same thing, but worst. I have to rev up to 5k RPM and FINALLY it would catch gear and jerk a lil bit and go for a lil bit and wont do nothing and i would press on the gas and it would act like iam in nutural, but everytime i turn it off and on it would work. Everyone i have ask says different things it could be but hopefully you guys would know and understand what iam talking about. Hoepfully its only a Trans flush.
my car was doin the samething a few days after i had a new trans put it.. i took it back to the shop and it was jus the trans fluid.. my car hasnt done it since then

·
Toronto Legends
184 Posts
i'm having the exact same problem. it happened today. i was driving at about 70km/h then all of a sudden my revs went to 4k, and the spedo showed 100 km/h but i was slowing down. i stopped to see whats going on. i can shift to all gears and my lights turns accordingly but when i change to 'P', i hear a grinding noise from under the shifter. the car revs liek its in neutral but does not catch onto any gears. the engine is fine. recently the car reved a little higher than usual so shift gears. i've been getting some erratic revs recently though, dont know if that is related. i need your help guys, my baby is sitting out there somewhere in the cold in some random parking lot. this is not good. please, give me some input

·
Registered
358 Posts
check for fluid leaks. if not your trans is probly done for. usually your trans won't just fail, its usually a gradual process that will have many warning signs

·
Toronto Legends
184 Posts
thanks for you reply. i just got her towed to my place. i'll start diagnosing tomorrow. wish me luck. any other help would be great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts