Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really interested in buying a second gen legend...
now what is the difference between a Type I and Type II? just hp?
what year models are available with a Type II engine? is it only for coupes?
thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
Let's c if I get this right. lol Correct if i get this wrong teachers lol

91 to 95 Sedans model L LS SE are type I 200 hp.
94 to 95 Sedans model GS are type II 230 hp :D.

91 to 92 Coupes all models are type I 200hp.
93 to 95 Coupes all models are type II 230hp.

Now I know GS's and myb LS older models have TCS (traction control system), but I'm not sure if 93 and up coupes have TCS also.

Latin...............

How did I do? :D LOL

·
Registered
424 Posts
I believe * scratches head lol * Coupes 93 and up r 6speed, 91 to 92 Coupes 5speed. I believe all sedans r 5speeds.
Latin........................

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im deciding between a 95 M3, second gen Type II legend, or the 2003 Accord..
I want something fast though, and in stick..
this is my car currently..

·
Registered
424 Posts
GS BABY!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHH BABBBBYYYYY!!!!!!!! lol. Sorry austin powers took over lol. I would get a GS 5speed or a 95 6 speed coupe. My opinion.
Latin................

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the E36 m3 is nice, but i would have to spend over 20K for a 95 with more than 75K miles, plus maintenance is expensive..
any problems with the second gen i should know about?

G

·
94-95 LS coupes came with TCS, but I'm not sure about the 93 LS... I don't think it did though if I had to take a guess.

·
Registered
424 Posts
kkambbak9399 said:
yeah the E36 m3 is nice, but i would have to spend over 20K for a 95 with more than 75K miles, plus maintenance is expensive..
any problems with the second gen i should know about?
I was just about to say that. A bmw is more expensive to buy and maintain. Now as for legend and accord, don't quote me but I think that maintenance might b around same price but for a 95Gs w/ 80,000mi. will cost somewhere around a4k from private party www.kbb.com or www.edmunds.com as for an accord 2003 don't they go for 20k?

On the luxury side a GS come with leather, wood trim. power everything, butt warmers lol, rear spoiler. bose system and amp, 16 Gs rims, cassette & cd stacker, tweeters in the back, TCS, radio cd and cassette steering control, keyless alarm system and other accesories, etc..

As for the bmw and accord they probably hav myb some of the accessories but myb not all. A GS I believe it ran for around 50k when it first came out. I don't know how much a 95 m3 ran for when it came out.

It basicly comes down to wot u like! Hope this helps.

Latin.................

·
Registered
424 Posts
kkambbak9399 said:
isnt it better to NOT have traction control?? :D
true on some review I read b4 it said it was more fun driving with tcs off :D.
Latin............

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
ALL TYPE II COME IN 6-SPEED INCLUDING THE GS SEDAN

TypeIs all have 5-speed manual available, the TypeII all have 6-speed available.

Traction control is a good feature when you're driving in rain or snow, if you're gonna race simply click the button, it's right next to the steering wheel, problem solved! You can do it while you're driving, any time.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
LATIN_RAVER_LEGEND said:
GS BABY!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHH BABBBBYYYYY!!!!!!!! lol. Sorry austin powers took over lol. I would get a GS 5speed or a 95 6 speed coupe. My opinion.
Latin................
Actually, the GS is a 6-speed...I'm sure you knew that, just typed it wrong...Thought I'd clarify it for him....They did make 5 Speed legends in 91-92 I'm positive of, maybe made them for the TYPE I Sedans in 93-95....?

·
Registered
655 Posts
imho, I would go with 2003 accord.

that is my choice out of the 3.The accord will be closer in features, and power, and aftermarket to make up for it.Also u can have 7 years of worryfree ownership. I heard accord will get tl engine, or wait another yr for new tl.I think is300 should be in consideration,it can be had under 23k by time accord comes out. and is still new design here,Also alot of aftermarket.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I definitely agree with Legendz_4_Life. I drove my sister's 2002 Accord Ex during the winter break and felt the same way. Even with it's 200 horses and the feeling of a new car, I just couldn't stop missing my Legend. Don't get me wrong though the Accords are nice cars, esp the coupes. I love the design on the coupes and personally like it better than the Tl's. Don't know the specs on the new 2003 coupes but my advice is to actually go out n test drive your choice of cars. One thing I know is, Legends aren't slow ass cars and it might suprise you once you get behind the wheel. ^.~

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im usually a new-car kind of guy, but id like to get my hands on a second gen legend Type II 6-speed...
the accord V6 is nice, but it doesnt come in stick...
what ive heard about the 2003 accord is that it will have 3.2L 240hp SOHC, 5-speed automatic...but these are just rumors..
i would spend more money for like an IS300, TL-S, or 3-series, but Im buying a house soon, so i would prefer a car around 23K range(if new).
How much would a 93-95 Type II 6-speed with more than 75K miles go for these days?

thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts