Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Let me get my introduction out of the way so we can start talking car care. My name is Jason – I’m the newest Adam’s whipping boy located in Southern California. I’m here to help answer any questions you might have and provide some feedback or tips on your current car care method.

We all have our little checklist on how we take care of our cars; I’m just here to see if I can’t make things go a little “smoother.” (woah, lame pun!)

PLEASE feel free to contact me if you have any questions/comments/concerns regarding any Adam’s Product or general car care question.

-Jason

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,476 Posts
Hi. I'm looking to reinforce my modest detailing arsenal and I've got a couple questions about your line. I'm most concerned about what comes directly in contact with my car. I'm wondering what the difference is between the white waffle drying towel and the super-plush 3 pack is in terms of softness. Is the only difference size and quantity?

Next, what would you recommend for removing wax? I've got your microfiber applicators in my cart but I'm almost embarrassed to admit I use old cotton T-shirts for wax off. They're easily thrown away when I'm done but they're not amazingly soft. There must be something softer that can be reused or is affordable enough to throw away when finished.

Lastly, does the wash pad fit around your hand or do you hold it like a sponge? If its held like a sponge, do you offer anything that fits around your hand?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let's take these one at a time so I don't miss anything :thumbsup:
Hi. I'm looking to reinforce my modest detailing arsenal and I've got a couple questions about your line. I'm most concerned about what comes directly in contact with my car.
So are we - what touches your car is really what people see - that's what we'll focus on for this.

I'm wondering what the difference is between the white waffle drying towel and the super-plush 3 pack is in terms of softness. Is the only difference size and quantity?
The Super Plush Micro Fiber towels are the absolute softest towels in the industry. They are Korean made and not the "ruined after 3 washes" Chinese towels you'll find at Napa or Pep Boys. They are tagless so there are no harsh stitches to scratch your paint. The blue towels actually were going to be white themselves but were WAY to soft so we had to add blue to stiffen them up!

The waffle white drying towels are less comfy than the blue ones but - as they are micro fiber - are as soft as possible while maintain major amounts of water absorbance.

Next, what would you recommend for removing wax? I've got your microfiber applicators in my cart but I'm almost embarrassed to admit I use old cotton T-shirts for wax off.
Blue microfiber towels. If the Machine Super Wax or Buttery Wax (depends if you used a machine or hand) is a little tough to remove, spray a little Detail Spray on the microfiber towel and it will help remove the wax.
They're easily thrown away when I'm done but they're not amazingly soft.
That's the issue with cotton.
Lastly, does the wash pad fit around your hand or do you hold it like a sponge? If its held like a sponge, do you offer anything that fits around your hand?
Our current wash pads are hand held, there is no pocket to slip your hand into. We would have added a slip or a band of elastic for your hand, but that's a surface we DON'T want coming in contact with your paint.

Hope that helps - if you have ANY questions - please let us know!!

-Jason

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,476 Posts
Firstly, thanks so much for the in depth break down. One last question: Can you wash off dried wax from microfiber? I want to take care of my paint but I can't afford a $10 wax off cloth for every wax. I get beyond carried away with washing and waxing in the summer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Firstly, thanks so much for the in depth break down. One last question: Can you wash off dried wax from microfiber? I want to take care of my paint but I can't afford a $10 wax off cloth for every wax. I get beyond carried away with washing and waxing in the summer.
Yes you can! Warm wash, delicate dry (or air dry).

ONLY wash your MF towels with other high quality MF towels, washing and drying different materials is not suggested.

NO FABRIC SOFTENER! That'll kill the towel quickly! :thumbsup:

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,476 Posts
Order placed! Had to make some hard decisions to stay on my budget but I stuck to what I said, I need to upgrade what comes in contact with my car. Hopefully the order will get here by the end of this week, which I realize is asking a lot of ground but I've got a meet to detail for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.