Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just went and picked my car up from the mechanic and he told me. There was no visible crack in the intake gasket but after he actually pull the top off and checked the injectors and O rings and other parts the problem would be pretty visible. So the price you might ask? $171. I'm guessing that this is a good price. (compared to what the acura dealership was gonna charge me 105/hr.) But I think I'm going to leave it with them. What do you guys think? The same person that used to work on my legend moved and it hasn't really been worked on by anyone else. That's why I'm kind of hesitant to trust it with anyone else. But I think that I'll take it there. feedback plz.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I don't understand what he found. I never heard of intake gasket cracks, muchless them causing fuel vapors. Sounds to me like he's guessing. What will be done for the money quoted? As for injecter leaks the whole job can be done by you in about an hour.

·
Making Legends Rare.....
1,443 Posts
I don't understand what he found. I never heard of intake gasket cracks, muchless them causing fuel vapors. Sounds to me like he's guessing. What will be done for the money quoted? As for injecter leaks the whole job can be done by you in about an hour.
An intake gasket can crack, I've just never heard of it on a "Legend", but that doesn't mean it has never happened.

If it were to crack it could potentially cause a fuel smell issue.

My big question is why does he have to tear it down? If he pulls the intake the gasket is going to have to be replaced anyways.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not really sure but I'm guessing since everybody says that when they crack they cause a gas vapor smell that might be right. I really want my legend back. It's kinda hard to just drive around with your face being burnt off by gas vapors!

·
FIXER
1,717 Posts
It's your fuel injector orings. Common problem on our Legends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts