Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local shop has a sale on NGK Iridium plugs for about $10 ($15cad) a pair.
I have seen that most here recommend the Denso plugs as the best of the best, but how close is the NGK? are they worth buying??
It seems Denso plugs are real hard to come by here in Canada, so should I get the NGK considering the price, or spend the extra and mail order the Densos from the states??

If anyone has had experience with both brands of Iridium plugs, please let me know how close the NGKs are in performance!

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
847 Posts
I don't think NGK iridium and Denso Iridium is going to have much difference. Just get the NGK's at that AWESOME CHEAP price!!!

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya - thats what I figured.

Okay, I just called the store and they're telling me they don't carry them for my car b/c the guy looked on the computer and doesn't see them listed for my car. So I just checked NGKs website product finder and it only lists platinum plugs for my car - ***?!?! I have a 91L sedan - they have to make them for our cars right?!?!?

www.ngksparkplugs.com

Anyone know the part # for NGK Iridium plugs for our cars???

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Oops I read it wrong. I thought you were comparing NGK Platinums with Denso Iridiums. Personally I think platinums are better and are cheaper and I don't think iridiums provide that much more than what you can get from platinums.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm about to get the plugs changed on my car also and the guy told me that i would need some spark plug boots that sit under the coils. Have any of heard of this...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Laughing... you don't need no stankin boots - CHEESOUS - I've changed plugs 6-7-10 times over on Legends and have not needed a boot. Now... if I detected some serious cracking or rubber missing on one of the coil pack's stem... I'd start to get worried (a tad).

BTW - always spray some air into the down shaft before removing the plug!

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
123 Posts
KNLNGUS said:
Laughing... you don't need no stankin boots - CHEESOUS - I've changed plugs 6-7-10 times over on Legends and have not needed a boot. Now... if I detected some serious cracking or rubber missing on one of the coil pack's stem... I'd start to get worried (a tad).

BTW - always spray some air into the down shaft before removing the plug!

KNLNGUS
Thankx man...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts