Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have only been connected to the web for 4 days, and it seems we already have the Nimda Virus. My mom said the virus warning screen popped up last night and she did not know what to do so she closed it right away.

So I opened the log this morning and it has a bunch of files that I cannot find, or dont think exist, that are infected with W32.Nimda.ecn.

It says unable to repair this file and access to file was denied.

however, I cannot find any of the files. I did 2 virus scans, and also used both Nimdaa and Nimdae removal tools from the symantec website, and they both said that they found no traces of the virus.

what am I to do guys?..... I dont want this new dell to crap the bed in under a month.... please advise....thanx.

·
Registered
671 Posts
it sounds to me like the antivirus program on your computer is doing it's job and has quarantined those virii that you got messages about. if you open up the antivirus program, you should be able to see a quarantine section and you can delete those files from there. since you are getting hammered by nimda, etc., make sure you update those virus definitions at least weekly.

wally

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats the thing.... there is nothing in my quarantine file. Another thing I find weird is that everytime I go to shut down my computer, it says something about waitng for explorer.exe to finish. Then it waits for it to repond and then asks me if I want to end tsk, I say yes and it then shuts down. I remember reading something about the explorer.exe in the nimda report....cannot remember what it was about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.