Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm seriously considering adding nitrous to the Legend and I was hoping some of you could run the basics by me. What other mods are either necessary or recommended for running nitrous? Catback exhaust? Cold air intake? I've talked to a shop about the install, they said that they wouldn't run anything higher than a 75 shot on a stock engine. Does this sound about right? What's a good price to pay for parts and labor. I was quoted about 650 for parts and about 250 for labor. Is that too much or a decent deal? And the last thing is what nitrous accessories would you guys recommend (i.e. bottle warmer, bottle opener)??? Thanks in advance for you help :D

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
A 75 shot of NOS will usually add 75 ponies regardless of the mods. So, if you take a 200 horse Type I motor and install CAI that adds 6 hp, and exhaust that adds 4 hp, then you hit the NOS you will make about 285 hp. But, do you really wanna go fast? Install your CAI and exhaust, buy a good NOS system, and order a extra solenoid and nozzle. This would be a dual stage setup, in which you can run a 1st stage 50 or 75 shot and for the second stage you can run a 100 shot. Yeah about 75 shot you can sleep at night, it should be safe on a Legend, and I would not reccomend abusing the 100 shot. But 100 shot is about the max I have heard for a solid V6. And by running a 50 shot that you can abuse, you can hit stage 1 for punk Civics and Accords, and pull out the big stage 2 for the really quick stuff. You would have a switch to arm the system and two switches for the NOS, stage 1 and 2. The bottle opener will run up your system cost, but it is a nice accessory if you don't mind the cost. You may want a bottle warmer if it is cold in your part of the world.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
So takemorepills,
Do you have this setup?

RicDogg, What do you think about this dual stage setup..............................................................................................................................ha?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Nah, I was going to get this setup about a year ago, then I learned the clunk from my tranny was not just bad mounts. I am going to have level ten rebuild my tranny, and as soon as my car is paid off I will add nitrous. I wish I could do it sooner.........

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Dv8 said:
So takemorepills,
Do you have this setup?

RicDogg, What do you think about this dual stage setup..............................................................................................................................ha?
setup sounds a lil familiar:D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey RICDOG is that a K&N filter? If not, wot kind is it? How much hp did it add 6hp? Did u pay around 50 bucks for it? And last question, do u have a spare tire if so where do u keep it? Good job on ur work :D.

Latin...........................

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help guys! The dual stage setup sounds like a great idea. But takemorepills, do you really think that it's safe to run a 100 shot on our stock engines EVER? I heard that even an 85 shot is somewhat risky. Also, who's a good manufacturer to go with and how much is this gonna end up costing me?

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
LATIN_RAVER_LEGEND said:
Hey RICDOG is that a K&N filter? If not, wot kind is it? How much hp did it add 6hp? Did u pay around 50 bucks for it? And last question, do u have a spare tire if so where do u keep it? Good job on ur work :D.

Latin...........................
Not A K&N. Cost 15bucks new thru a hookup. Spare tire is kept in my garage. i have plenty of friends who will bring my tire to me. & on long trips i wont carry the bottle.
Dunno how much HP it freed. 6 is a good number. :D

& thanks, was going for the stealth look. i have the nozzle plumbed on the underside of the intake. Gotta figure out what im gonna to to hide the solenoid. Mebbe just black tape?!? i dunno...

Loom that has White zip ties around, is NOS related :)

:D

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
GenIILegend said:
Thanks for the help guys! The dual stage setup sounds like a great idea. But takemorepills, do you really think that it's safe to run a 100 shot on our stock engines EVER? I heard that even an 85 shot is somewhat risky. Also, who's a good manufacturer to go with and how much is this gonna end up costing me?
I've been told...that a 100 shot doesnt yeild much benefit over an 85 shot.

·
Registered
166 Posts
RICDOGG said:
DV8..or anyone for that matter
heres my install
Everything NOS in these PICS

RICDOGG, did you do that install yourself? if so, PROPS man! if I was looking under the hood I would never see that your spraying.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Looks good Ricdogg, cant wait to see it in action when i come up in a few wed from today, your probably going up today right?

Ive got the oil pan out and im about to replace the bearings tonight.

LEt me know what you run tonight.

Dave C

I'd build up the tranny before running that setup.

No tranny rebuild here:)-
[email protected]

G

·
If I wanted to get a NOS Setup where I could use it a lot and be safe, what would I want to get? It's not fun going out to SIR racing KennyG in his Type-I sedan and having him beat me since he's running a 100 shot of NOS ;). Thanks.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Legend O Power said:

RICDOGG, did you do that install yourself? if so, PROPS man! if I was looking under the hood I would never see that your spraying.
Thx, i had help from two of my friends. but we did it all in about 5 hours.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Dv8 said:

LEt me know what you run tonight.

No tranny rebuild here:)-
[email protected]
Im finally starting to find a launch!!!
i dunno if they did something to the track or if my new H rated tires grip this much....but im taking it up to 3100 & dumping & STILL!!!!!!! bogging the motor... the wheels spin then sticks & boggs before my back tires get out of the box. The best all night was a sheisty
16.003 @ 87.9

My 60' was a 2.576. CRAPPY!!!!!!!

Im thinking of taking it to 3500 just so the motor doesnt bog.

& also, i changed my pill to a 6200 light. Ihad it come on @ 6 (i figured on taking that long before i reacted to seeing the light) but im starting to anticipate the light so i was shifting before peak...i dunno. I might even disconnect it next week & rely on my eyes

Last year i couldnt launch above 2500 without spinnin em or getting serious wheel hop.

I dunno i gotta do something cuz im getting tired of these 16's.

Next wednesday is NOS nite. mid-low 14's on camera...hopefully

:rolleyes:

But on a good note, a 5spd G1 coupe was out there & he got a 16.1 & he had bad wheelspin launching @ 3K.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts