Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Go**a keep *he r*de fresh
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a reputable place to get rims bored in NJ? I have read many threads talking about 'any' machine shop should do them. That's a load. I've called 20 shops and out of those:

12 have either not heard of such a procedure or don't have the right equipment
6 Refuse to do so citing the dangers involved
2 Said bring them the wheels and they'll try to do it

I don't want to 'try' anything - it's all about the 'do'. I have a set of 17" CL-S rims and I'd like to have the center hub bored to 70.2mm. So, has anyone in NJ had their rims bored or will I likely be the first?

Thanks for your help!
A3

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rims Are Bored - Thanks

I got them bored at Performance Machine Service in Sayreville, NJ. He has, however, since upped his price - $45 per wheel. I guess the further from competition the shop is located the higher the price.

The CL-S wheels look faaaaantastic though!

·
AKA Smartjay28
5,720 Posts
I got them bored at Performance Machine Service in Sayreville, NJ. He has, however, since upped his price - $45 per wheel. I guess the further from competition the shop is located the higher the price.

The CL-S wheels look faaaaantastic though!
wat?? damn...i was gonna go there with another set of rims to get bored out.

·
mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
10,088 Posts
Hey got any pictures? or will i get to see this ion person at the tristate meet this weekend?

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope the meet went well and that everyone who attended had a great time. I wish I could have been there and hope I can catch the next meet. By then, the ride should be all pretty...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.