Acura Legend Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No gap spark plugs?

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Dave C ver2.0 
#1 ·
What are no gap spark plugs?

#2 ·
I may be outdated, but I never herd of a no gap spark plug. I believe you might be speaking of a spark plug that comes pregaped for your particular car, thus needing to additional gapping. However, I personally always double check the gap of the spark plug before I install it since you never know if the gap os off from the manufacture. Not to mention if the spark plug box was dropped or smashed or whatever that could have changed the gap of the plug. Checking the gap on a plug takes all of 2 seconds, so everyone should always check to make sure the gap is right before they install a plug, even the so called pregapped ones.

#3 · (Edited)
These are spark plugs compleatly new to the market. There is no side electrode. I currently have a set of 1st gen plugs. I'm awaiting the 2nd gen plugs. These plugs will give off 3 simotanius sparks. I'll have pics of the spark plugs up as soon as I can. The downside of these plugs is that they don't have a long life. Aprox. 10k miles and gotta switch em out. The 2nd gen plugs are suppose to increase spark size and the 3rd gen are to extend duriblity. I swear by these plugs.

#6 ·
that seems to be the new thing in my auto mechanics class. everybody with a car has done plug change (most of them did not need to be changed) and gone with BOSCH Platinum +4 plugs these are no gap. has 4 conducters reaching from the outer rim. by all accounts everycar they were put has gained a little more pep and less fuel consumption was recorded. i plan on going with these when i pull my head gasket off.

#7 ·
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
that seems to be the new thing in my auto mechanics class. everybody with a car has done plug change (most of them did not need to be changed) and gone with BOSCH Platinum +4 plugs these are no gap. has 4 conducters reaching from the outer rim. by all accounts everycar they were put has gained a little more pep and less fuel consumption was recorded. i plan on going with these when i pull my head gasket off.
I think the plugs your talking about are halo plugs. I've heard of em for a while. These have just 1 single sparking element with no halo ground or anything. I'm trying to get the pics from my friend to show you guys.

#12 ·
Dunno. I'm gonna be doing dyno test with a friend. If I can get my hands on a test basis only on iridums, I can do the compairison. The test car is a 2002 Acura TL-S. Basiclly, we were planning doing base with regular plugs, the G1 no gaps, and then G2 no gaps. But if I can get my hands on a set of iridums for testing, I can tell you.

Price for the G1's I got for around 5 a pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.