Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 91. My problem is the heater is not blowing out any heat. I got the digital climate control style dash unit for the heat/ac. There is power going to it and the blower motor has been tested already. Someone told me to just replace the heater unit in the dash, but wanted some additional feedback as to if it could be something else...Gettin cold here in Chicago..Ty

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
goldeneye said:
It doesn't even blow anything out hot or cold , sorry forgot to post that.
OHHHHH, so you get nothing blowing at all? Not even cold air. Gotcha.

I would think it's some kind of fan relay or maybe you blew a fuse. Never delt with that issue myself though. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
If your blower motor checked out ok then check the blower transistor. It is directly behind the glove compartment attached to the evap housing. When you take it out it should be this little disk looking thing surrounded by a heat sink.

· Registered
91 Posts
This must be that time of the year for these kind of things to happen. Mine went out yesterday. BRRRRRR............... I checked fuses and they are all okay! How do you test to make sure that the blower/fan has a bad relay or figure out that the dam thing is dead? It's one thing or another with my legend. What bugs me the most is the pitful gas mileage.

How much would it cost to get a new one installed or is it a pretty easy diy??? Also, where could could I get a new one to install myself??

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

· Registered
864 Posts
My heat is sucking right now too.....and on these 4 days a year when it is required here in Austin, Texas, I MISS IT! I'm gonna try and replace the thermostat this weekend. And to answer the question from the post above this one, yes, there is a DIY. Check the diy section, it is on the top of that section right now.

SB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.