Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I gave my Legend to another family member. Got rid of my Integra.

Picked up yesterday as my new daily driver:

'06 330CI ZHP (Performance Package), Silver Gray on Black Leather.

So far I really enjoy the car. It is quite quick and is a lot more comfortable than I expected. I think the Integra gave me the shits because it vibrated so much. No kidding.

Here she was at the dealer when I went and got her yesterday:

I am currently deciding whether I want to keep the front license plate holder and get one of those neat looking BMW plates (I don't need a front plate in my state) or take the front plate holder off entirely. With the plate on the car looks a bit more muscular.

Really glad I picked it over an '07 328i/335, the exhaust sound of the performance package is just wonderful and the new coupes just don't look as good in person.

·
Yes it was a Maxima.
601 Posts
Really glad I picked it over an '07 328i/335, the exhaust sound of the performance package is just wonderful and the new coupes just don't look as good in person.
I will disagree with you entirely there--the E92 looks incredible, much better than the E90 and better than the E46. While the M54B30 is a great engine, the N54 (335i powerplant) is downright incredible and has a great refined inline-6 exhaust note that modern BMWs tend to be lacking (volume-wise, at least). Just out of curiosity, did you get to drive a 335i before you made your decision?

I personally am partial to the facelifted E46 sedan and I would have gone for the 330i ZHP over the 330Ci ZHP, but they are both amazing cars, congratulations man. :thumbsup: Did you wind up with a manual or auto?

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will disagree with you entirely there--the E92 looks incredible, much better than the E90 and better than the E46. While the M54B30 is a great engine, the N54 (335i powerplant) is downright incredible and has a great refined inline-6 exhaust note that modern BMWs tend to be lacking (volume-wise, at least). Just out of curiosity, did you get to drive a 335i before you made your decision?
Yes, I test drove it, great car, lots of fun.

The part of the car I dislike is the side profile. It just looks out of wack in person. Car looks too big. Looks great in pictures. Much like the Lexus IS, great in print, fugly in person. I prefer the more muscular looks of the E46 M.

I would have paid $15K more for a 335i with the way mine is optioned, why? :confused:

Where I work, four people have 335is, and no one has a ZHP coupe. It's a pretty rare car on the road from what I've seen thus far.

·
Yes it was a Maxima.
601 Posts
Yes, I test drove it, great car, lots of fun.

The part of the car I dislike is the side profile. It just looks out of wack in person. Car looks too big. Looks great in pictures. Much like the Lexus IS, great in print, fugly in person. I prefer the more muscular looks of the E46 M.
Agree to disagree then I guess... lowered E92s are sex both in person and in pictures IMO.

I would have paid $15K more for a 335i with the way mine is optioned, why? :confused:
That doesn't mean it's a bad car or it's ugly though. ;)

Where I work, four people have 335is, and no one has a ZHP coupe. It's a pretty rare car on the road from what I've seen thus far.
If you want to choose your car to be different, you probably shouldn't be getting a BMW. ;)

·
Yes it was a Maxima.
601 Posts
My point was more that if you are getting a new BMW you are definitely not doing it to be different, you are doing it because it is a great car in pretty much every respect. Why take a lesser BMW over a better one because it's "more different?"

Personally I'm not too big on the "different" argument, if a bunch of people have the same car you do, that doesn't change the fact that it's a great car. Get the bandwagon car and rely on other things to make you stand out.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My point was more that if you are getting a new BMW you are definitely not doing it to be different, you are doing it because it is a great car in pretty much every respect. Why take a lesser BMW over a better one because it's "more different?"
Lesser is highly subjective, especially when we are talking about a 15K price difference for a daily driver that is already more than fast enough (0-60 in 5.6).

I find my car to be more attractive, in person, than the 335is that I have seen. They have less of the 'classic' BMW lines and musculature that I like about this car with the ZHP package. I think they look more pedestrian. I also think the E46 M3 Coupe is better looking than the new one, and my favorite of all is the E36. So go figure.. to each is own.

I started out my search wanting an '07 335i. I wasn't even considering the E46. When I walked into the dealer and saw this car, I immediately fell in love with how it looked and bought it a day later.

·
Yes it was a Maxima.
601 Posts
I didn't necessarily mean to imply that the E46 was a lesser car per se (while that IS my personal opinion)... just that I didn't agree with the "different" argument. I really like the E46 look, but really mainly the facelited sedans. Pre-facelift or the newer coupes just don't look right to me any more (again, personal opinion).

In terms of M3s, IMO E90/92 > E36 > E30 > E46 lookswise... but that is just me, and I like em all for different reasons.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,375 Posts
Congrats, Herb. The beauty here is that you can drop a twin-screw supercharger on your 330i and haul serious tail if you want to, or go turbo....lots of choices. Som enjoy it, make it your own., That is the beauty of these cars.

And...+14 on the "hope its an M/T" comments

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why take an '01 ITR over a '05 RSX Type S? The RSX Type S is "better in every way" on paper and newer. Still many subjective reasons to go with the ITR, one being the rarity. I view the ZHP as BMW's ITR job on the E46 (excluding true M-cars for sake of argument)

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
umm, yea I wouldnt mind having that in my garage :) there's nothing like that first month with your new car, congrats

wait - shouldnt you be driving!?! get out there!

·
I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
I saw it coming, since a year and some change ago.

As long as you like it have fun...

BMW is just not my flavor. I can only get with the e23, e24 and e30. the Classic BMWs, other than that, just not feeling anything BMW has to offer for the money they're asking.

Congrats though, seriously.

·
Renaissance.
3,096 Posts
I am currently deciding whether I want to keep the front license plate holder and get one of those neat looking BMW plates (I don't need a front plate in my state) or take the front plate holder off entirely. With the plate on the car looks a bit more muscular.
Nice car, but your location says that you're in TX, and TX requires front plates.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.