Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It worked! I switched to 5w30 and did the trany oil thing only once. Gradually over a few weeks( I don't drive it very much) the ticking became less and less. And now,( horray!) its completely gone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I followed the method given at legend temple as closely as I could. I think they said about 20km although I probably went at least double that. I first tryed adjusting them but that did nothing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I screwed up and put in 10w-40 on my last change, and Yes it does make a difference. My lifters have gotten noticably louder and it seems to take longer for them to quiet down. Changing back to 5w-30 today.:eek:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Someone answered this before, but the answer wasnt clear to me.

I just recetly had an oil change. Can I add a quart of ATF now? If so, then what? And what type of ATF fluid, specifically? Don't want to ruin my engine.

·
Registered
347 Posts
use Ford type F fluid, has a high detergent base to clean out varnish and sludge.

rich

·
Registered
270 Posts
CSAMOS2.... DO NOT use the ATF until you are ready to do your next oil change...You should not be going too far with the ATF in there... 20 miles max.... It will really clean the engine out, but does not have the same lubricity as motor oil....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts