Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After nearly 2 months of waiting I finally recieved my weapon-r dragon intake. I checked the invoice on the outside of the box and it said "Dragon Intake for 1991-1995 Acura Legend w/tcs."

So I open the box and get out the instructions...they say "Application for 1991-1995 Acura Legend without traction control."

Immediately I began to sweat. I feverishly ripped open my hood and started ripping out air box components and assorted hoses. I put the pipe and filter together and held it up where it would be in place and it was VERY obvious that it was too big. Perfect, though, if I didn't have the TCS system.

I'm so bummed. $150 spent 60 days ago now in the pocket of a company that seems like it could give a sh!t about it's customers.

It is a sad day.

J520

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey, It's no big deal. All you have to do is cut the pipe (intake) down to the size you want. Fill the edge down to make sure there are no metal piece's left and install.

Weapon-r products are not the greatest by far and to be total honest I find there products very CHEAP (poor quality) and even though I got the right one it never seems to fit properly anyways.
My filter is digging a nice hole into my hood liner and YES it is installed properly (It was installed by the only Weapon-R Dealer where I live).

Good Luck

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In that case why don't I just install the filter on the end of the stock piping? I really don't know anything about an intake system, but a pipe is a pipe is a pipe, right?

Later,
J520

P.S. Sorry Jigga, not a chance dude! I'm keeping my car until the engine falls out and when it does I'll use it as a sled. You have a black coupe, why not just paint it red?

Later,
j520

·
Banned
2,930 Posts
yeah i think i am painting it red next year, but my paint job now sucks and it shows on the car....plus i'm going to have to have the engine pulled and everything else pulled from the car to have the proper paint job...only positive is that all dents, dings, scratches, etc will be off. good luck with the weapon-r i was about to order one but they said that they were all on backorder. maybe i'll go rm instead? every damn part is on back order for our car

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
If yo don't have teh carbon fiber intake tube, just do what others saide and cut the pipe down about 3" or so at the trottle body side. Believe it or not, that is exactly what they would to if the had actually sent you the right pipe. Unfortunately, they forget to to that service for you.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would hate to have to send it back and get a replacement. I'm thinking about reaming the rep on the phone and demanding the local weapon-r installer both cut the pipe for me and install it for free. I think that's a fair deal considering all I've gone through, don't you?

J520

G

·
That's bull ****, I had a bad experience with Weapon-R as well, and that company is **** and they don't care about their customers at all. I don't want to explain my whole ordeal because I have done it so many times, but please please please nobody ever order from them again. If anybody here is thinking of getting an intake then get one from DV8. He knows what's up and he actually cares about the people on the board.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.