Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The sound just stopped coming out of the deck. Still goes on and everything, just no sound. Where should I check besides fuses? Could it be the amp or a loose wire?

Please help a fellow forum member out.

TIA.
Russ:cool:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Rusky said:
The sound just stopped coming out of the deck. Still goes on and everything, just no sound. Where should I check besides fuses? Could it be the amp or a loose wire?
1) How did the sound disappear all of a sudden? What were you doing or describe the scenario before the problem occurred?

2) What's the year/model/trim level/body style of your Legend?

3) A fuse, assuming it's the OEM deck or if it's an aftermarket deck that doesn't have any outboard amplifiers driving speakers and such would not be the problem. If the fuse burnt, nothing would be turning on.

4) If you have an outboard amplifier, is it on? If it's not on. Check the fuse. If it is, hook up some speakers that u know work. If no sound goes through, it could be the amplifier or the deck.

More, when u answer these questions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Asianlegend,

1) Was just driving and the radio went quiet. Didn't hit any bumps or anything. Turned volume knob up and when it was at full volume I could hear a little.

2) The car is a 91 LS sedan.

3) It is stock OEM deck.

Could it be the stock amp frying?

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.