Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After scrounging up enough cash to finally finish my type II swap the damn thing wont fire up. It cranks over but no spark. I did all the preliminary tests I could. My fuel pump is new and yes working fine, the only mod I really had was to splice the cyp/ckp sensor wiring...easy enough. But heres the kicker, while checking the icm/igniter I noticed I had 12 volts at all but two wires for the cylinders...wiring diagram says the 1 & 2 had o volts. I do have fuel, and yes my main relay works. I have tracked it down to the igniter not putting out power to 2 circuits...and without the #1 being recognized by the ecu it will never start...any ideas? I suspect a bad wire but would a blown 25 fuse cause this as well? I think if the icm fuse blows it would be common to ALL cylinders...correct? My last places to check is the splice at the cyp/ckp and the ecu...any REAL help would be appreciated. I am a wrench so I have checked the standard stuff, its a COP system so it is pretty straight up. Just baffles me why 2 out of 6 wires have [email protected] my life.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I know you said your a seasoned wrench but I have to ask if you double cheked all your grounds and wiring connections and test your connections at the ignitor box? I will also see if I can find and add a link to one of my two times I have had this issue lol; it does suck! EDIT scratch the part about the ignitor just re-read that.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good news I got power to the all coils now...but it still wont crank over. I am in the process of re-humping the wire harness. I know the main grounds are in place it even has an earth ground kit...voltage drops fine, no high resistance. The igniter is doing its job so it seems. Now the ecu may seem a concern, but I have a spare and swapping proved nothing. Now I am starting to suspect the ckp/cyp as it was a splice job, and i simply went wire to wire on the splice...any trick to that?:wtf:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ckp/cyp checks out fine, no problems in the harness I spliced either. The motor has 20k on it and the igniter checks out, the ckp is fine coils fine brand new plugs and ignition switch. Is there any quirky things on the car that would cause a no start...I dont have the brakes or axles in yet but that is not electrical nor would it affect the primary or secondary voltage...my primary side SEEMS ok... what next. I dont have time to get this guy hauled on base to work on it at my shop...not to mention my boss is a prick and no personal vehicles get worked on unless a ticket is to be billed. I love the military.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No replies from the so called brains here? Sad, I guess I will get my pcm looked at tonite, it got chipped...here. I doubt that is the issue but i will see. No comments on my diag or anything. My college education points at the pcm as i have oltage up to the coil packs, just no spark. That indicates the grounds are good, but the drivers may not be getting ground from a fried ecu? Anyone?

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
check the ecu. i had problems with my chipped ecu, not this type but it wasn't 100% smooth sailing either

No replies from the so called brains here?
idk, its been 2 days. posted in the engine performance section, which doesn't get check as much as the g2 section.

plus the weekend, it tends to get slow during the weekend here.

I read your problem. don't have initial input, as it sounds like u got the basics covered. I'm thinking about your problem. if i think of anything worth while i'll post it.

GL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.