Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why is there no tilt on my coupe im 6 foot and the steering wheel just feels to high. Does anyone know if it can be adjusted ANY way?

Thanks
acro

· Registered
1,292 Posts
Later models had a tilt steering wheel function ...a lever under the steering column. Not too sure about the 87's.

· Registered
242 Posts
I just bought an 88 coupe L and it has tilt steering but it's not like my 90 sedan, it's spring loaded.

· Registered
92 Posts
my 87 L has a switch that you pull under the steering colum sort of like the hood release you pull it and push the wheel down because when it down and you pull it it will go up byitself. But my 89LS has a lever thats on the side of the steering colum.

· Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pacallen said:
I believe the earlier G1s had a choice of either an airbag or a tilt wheel function... That changed in 88 or 89 when the cars could have both.
yah thats what i thought but do you think i can get a column off of another car and put it in

· Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jno2968326 said:
no 86 or 87 had an airbag.acura started drivers side airbags in the 88 LS model only(USDM).
My 87 acura legend coupe ls has srs (suplimental restraint system) an air bag
ill go take a pic if you dont believe me

· Registered
2,843 Posts
1_Hot_Legend_L said:
My 91 Sedan don't have tilt but it has telescopic! What is up with that one? my 87 coupe had fully adjustable!
Yeah it sucks that the 91-93 G2's didn't have tilt. I've thought about using a couple washers as shims between the steering column and dashboard support beam to lower the wheel a little. Haven't tried it yet, just an idea I was considering. Might be able to do something similar on G1's. Wouldn't be able to lower it much but every little bit helps.

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
88 acro said:
yah thats what i thought but do you think i can get a column off of another car and put it in
Oh yeah Im almost for sure you could do that...what I'd like to know, would it be at all possible to get the power tilt/telescope of a 94-95 L/LS and get it to work in 91-93 OR EVEN (long shot) a G1??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.