Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On some cars (meaning Acura's or any other brand), the wiring on a car comes pre-wired to use the factory foglights, while others, are lucked out and have to do the installation from button through the firewall, down toward the bottom front part of the bumper for the foglight.

Since, my 94 L Coupe doesn't have the fog lights installed, does mine have the wiring already in it?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Nope.
Us Legend owners lucked out. I bought my set of OEM (which are discontinued by the way) foglights together with the harness. Legends never came prewired for fogs, as far as i know.

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
of coures pre-wired is convenient, but since we don't have it, might as well just use the ones that came with the fogs. the way i see it... it's kinda like installing an amp. just drill through the firewall and drag the lines through. it's not hard, just boring work. hehe. i've already installed fogs on 4 cars and it's not too bad. only crappy part is drilling a hole for a custom biotch. can't do it too fast or else it might be too big. g'luck with your fogs tho!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Don't sweat it man, you can just buy cheap wiring harness or probably you get that with the foglights that you buy. It won't be that difficult. But of course, it's not as easy as prewired fogs.

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
yea.. you can still use the factory switch, but i wsa just cheap. just got one from radio shack instead of paying $16

G

·
These cars are already prewired...well some of the way...you've got to buy both harnesses A and B. There will be no drilling through the firewall. I bought my factory fogs for my coupe and i didn't have to do any drilling...i can e-mail the install instructions if you want...

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
These cars are already prewired...well some of the way...you've got to buy both harnesses A and B. There will be no drilling through the firewall. I bought my factory fogs for my coupe and i didn't have to do any drilling...i can e-mail the install instructions if you want...
That is what I though, but since I never installed OEM foglights, I wasn't sure.

·
OG Member
1,496 Posts
Yup they are prewired, I installed OEM fogs on my sedan, it just takes a long time looking for the connectors under all the wiring

G

·
So how do you tell if yours is prewired, and how much is the factory fog light switch, cause that could look cool, looking stock.

G

·
They are all prewired. I don't really remember where the wires to tap into are located, but they are in the install instructions...if anyone wants them e-mail me...by the way, my fog switch was almost 30 bucks for TCS, Fogs, and courtesy light control...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GoldenCoupe said:
They are all prewired. I don't really remember where the wires to tap into are located, but they are in the install instructions...if anyone wants them e-mail me...by the way, my fog switch was almost 30 bucks for TCS, Fogs, and courtesy light control...
Ok, so they are pre-wired, but all I need is Harness A & B, including the fogs, and the switch? If acura doesn't make the fogs anymore, then surely they don't make the switch either?

G

·
Here are the items you will need: Fog light harness, Switch Harness, Headlight relay, Fog Light Relay, and fog switch for the L model Legend (08V31-SP0-200G) or for the LS model Legend (08V31-SP0-200H)

G

·
One more thing, the dealer will still sell the switches, but as far as harnesses i don't think so, nor the lights themselves...check people online and e-bay that's how i got mine...

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
One more thing, the dealer will still sell the switches, but as far as harnesses i don't think so, nor the lights themselves...check people online and e-bay that's how i got mine...
the dealer still sells everything lights harness switches i just orderd my OEM fogs yesterday from Acura of Agusta

1 - 15 of 15 Posts